Funny how rivals who used to have all the money, call foul when that changes.

I think it’s more a media-driven thing tbh, which leads bitter plastics to drop a bollock over it.

Normal fans I speak to don’t begrudge city’s success one iota. I’ll never forget walking back from the fa cup semi in 2011 when we beat the rags with that yaya goal, people asking what the score was and being genuinely delighted that city had won (or that united had lost- I’m not arsed which).

Even more recently - Sunderland fans doing the poznan in 2012. West Brom fans last weekend. These club - proper clubs - know we came from where they are, they know we know their pain and frustration, and if it can’t be them doing it, at least somebody is sticking it to the clique.

I remember being outside the ground after the Blackburn game 2011/12 season (City 3-0).
A frustrated Blackburn fan marched towards a Blue with his hand held out, sarcastically and quite aggressively saying "congratulations mate, congratulations you've bought the league".
Hypocrit!
Blackburn fans often argue their case is different as Walker was a Blackburn fan. They still bought the league though.
As for City being self-sufficient; would we have the lucrative commercial deals with companies based in the Middle East if it was not for the involvement of Sheikh Mansour?
Not that I really care. Champions again and playing possibly the best football ever seen in the Prem (or the old First Division).

I think it’s more a media-driven thing tbh, which leads bitter plastics to drop a bollock over it.

Normal fans I speak to don’t begrudge city’s success one iota. I’ll never forget walking back from the fa cup semi in 2011 when we beat the rags with that yaya goal, people asking what the score was and being genuinely delighted that city had won (or that united had lost- I’m not arsed which).

Even more recently - Sunderland fans doing the poznan in 2012. West Brom fans last weekend. These club - proper clubs - know we came from where they are, they know we know their pain and frustration, and if it can’t be them doing it, at least somebody is sticking it to the clique.
Agreed. There's still some fans that are jealous but they'd love the same to happy to their club. I can remember when Abramovich buying Chelsea. I didn't begrudge them, I just wished that someone would do the same with City.

As for City being self-sufficient; would we have the lucrative commercial deals with companies based in the Middle East if it was not for the involvement of Sheikh Mansour ?

No reason why not, Arsenal do. And one could equally ask whether the rags would be sponsored by Chevrolet if they didn't have American owners or Gazprom if Chelsea didn't have Abramovic. Complete red herring in my opinion.

Agreed. There's still some fans that are jealous but they'd love the same to happy to their club. I can remember when Abramovich buying Chelsea. I didn't begrudge them, I just wished that someone would do the same with City.

A few years ago, a Huddersfield supporter at work was having a go at me about our money; "Bought the title, blah, blah, blah,", so I asked him if he would say no to an owner with similar resources to HRH.

He wouldn’t answer me.

And I was quite happy when roman bought Chelsea, as I looked upon it as another team, besides Arsenal that could challenge the rags.

But to be fair, City didn't " earn" their money unlike those pillars of virtue like the rags, Dippers, Arsenal etc.

The criticism is perfectly valid imo - we've cheated our way to the top.

Meh - fuckemall - has anybody in the modern - say post WW2 era - won the top flight with a full team of players that joined as a youth player and graduated to the 1st team which featured absolutely zero transfers in..... no.
Therefore all winners have bought players.
Does any club set out to deliberately buy shit players.....no.
Therefore all winning teams feature bought in players which were the best and most effective they could buy be it Danny Blanchflower or Neymar. The only bit that has the old guard and their supporters unhappy is that they aren't the ones hoovering up all the good players and winning everything like they used to. That is the injustice that they see.

No reason why not, Arsenal do. And one could equally ask whether the rags would be sponsored by Chevrolet if they didn't have American owners or Gazprom if Chelsea didn't have Abramovic. Complete red herring in my opinion.
OK so perhaps the nationality isn't the important aspect. But the rags were always high profile due the arse-licking media and I'd be surprised if Chelsea could attract Gazprom's sponsorship without them having the status in the game that was set up by Abramovic.

But to be fair, City didn't " earn" their money unlike those pillars of virtue like the rags, Dippers, Arsenal etc.

The criticism is perfectly valid imo - we've cheated our way to the top.

Mr Football informed me earlier in the week that Pep has spent £753 billion since he became Barcelona manager. We just laughed at him.

Later, he changed it to £753 million.

"I don’t fucking care!" I told him.

Bitter old fucker Bob Wilson talking about dear Arsene Wenger, paraphrase. "Sadly, it's all all about money these days, not the greatness of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man United" Deluded or what? He bought Henry for 14m in 1998 when our record buy was Lee Bradbury at 3m, they also paid the best wages along with the Rags .it's no coincidence the correlation between winning trophies and spending on transfers and wages is timeless, the difference is this season was originally a six horse race that's been turned into a procession .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.