Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seems to be in the right place in the box. A gift that can't be coached.

That said, i'd love for him to score a 'proper' goal, one where he beats a man or two or one from distance. He's scored some great goals for Brazil and Palmeiras so he's more than capable, but i'd love him to really open up and show us what he's got. He doesn't carry the ball much it's all about quick link up with him. Not a bad thing, but I think he's capable of more if he was a bit more selfish and confident in himself.

There isn't as much of a partnership with Sergio as the stats suggest but i'm not complaining.

It

It's a consequence of having a striker partner that happens sometimes. Sometimes one striker get's more involved and get's more chances due to circumstance, or sometimes one of the strikers is having a bad game and the other picks it up. I think the reason Pep likes playing both is because last season sometimes Aguero, who still scored a ton of goals, would miss good chances and City relied on him too much in a 1 striker system. Now he has a partner to take the burden, same goes for Jesus obviously.
If they continue in the same vein then I'm all for it!

Necessary decision if we want to keep hold of him, especially when you consider the insane amounts that are being thrown around for his fellow countrymen.

Last edited:
It's very pleasing that we are whipping balls in from either flank, before the defenders have regrouped. That gives any striker in the world an opportunity, never mind strikers of our quality.

What I most like about him is the fighting spirit.

He fights for every ball and enjoy the physical battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.