Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hard to fathom how we got him for an upfront payment of £27m. Compare that to some of the fees spent for players this summer
Oxlade Chamberlain: £35m
Pickford: £25m
Keane: £25m
Lacazette: £52m
Morata: £58m
Salah: £37m
Lukaku: £75m (seventy five million)

Matic: £40-50m (take your pick)

Gabby was a steal for that fee.

In today's market, from a major club, he'd go for all of those five fees combined. Theoretically, if we were like Liverpool and he wanted to go to Barcelona or Real, we'd ask for at least £200m.

In today's market, from a major club, he'd go for all of those five fees combined. Theoretically, if we were like Liverpool and he wanted to go to Barcelona or Real, we'd ask for at least £200m.
Possibly. But that's not the point I was making. He cost 8m more than Gabby. Think about that. What would Gabby be worth in this summer's market?

How did he play last night?

I'm in Asia so time difference is all messed up
Missed his obligatory "sitter" although in fairness he created said chance brilliantly.

Was on the receiving end of a few rough tackles, nothing else really of note.

Not that I can remember anyway, quiet game for him.

He's a player who can do something from nothing. Couple of times times tonight we were probing around their area and the pass went in to gabby with his back to goal and twice he created a shooting opportunity and should really have scored from one. He definitely has "it".

Got little protection last night. Missed a sitter and probably could have done more in some situations, but Jesus also had some lovely touches to set us up. Remember his age and he hasn't had that many games in the PL so far. This year to me is like a learning curve for the lad.

He got hacked down numerous times by them thugs and the ref just allowed for it to carry on.
It annoyed me as much as the Gundogan injury as their game plan was evident, yet the referee was only assisting. Dawson and McAuley interchanging between them to kick the shit out of him and not a single fucking yellow card was given.

If he would have buried that chance he created by flooring the defender with a dummy that may have been his finest goal in a City shirt. He played very well but I think we should be highlighting the amount of rough challenges and fouls he had to weather. It's not something he has to get used as he has shown he is very strong on the ball and was the same in Brazil, fouls are fouls and no other striker is expected to endure that many in this league.

I'm not normally one for social media(other than City news on twitter I avoid it) but maybe City fans need to start getting on board with it as it may be our only voice. The media are never going to be our voice or in our corner it seems and Pep will end up with a match ban for complaining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.