Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. I was coming it to post that I'm a little agitated that he isn't progressing more than I'd like (unrealistic expectations from me) but you're right...it's unfair to ask him to branch out and do it as exceptionally well as he does with positioning, linkup, and work rate.

His shot needs some work. Artetta needs to rub his magic off on him :-)

well, he's been deadly in the 6 yard box since he joined. He's now branching out to demonstrate more aspects of his game and we'll see the weaknesses and he should have scored today, but he knew it and he'll only keep growing. Amazing 14 game run considering the past month him and Kun have barely scored, which incidentally is why I think our 4/5/6's are becoming 2-1's, need the strikers to start firing again.

Thought he was playing wide left a lot of the time today. Would love to see the heat map but it appeared to me that Sterling was more in the center and Sane on the right.

Thought he was playing wide left a lot of the time today. Would love to see the heat map but it appeared to me that Sterling was more in the center and Sane on the right.

That is correct, he started in middle but played from left most game

some people forget that he just 20 years old kid.
he will mature in the next 2,3 years.
last night, his dribble makes Smalling/Rojo fall flat in his arse, but the ball fall to his weak foot.
Jesus will improve, no worry.

Loved the fact that at a point in the game he was defending near our corner flag. Never see a forward do that ! And he got the ball.

He harries the defenders and that is what Pep wants from him.

I'm rewatching the game, first half, he should have bagged 2 goals. One instead of shooting, he tried a back-heel to Silva and when put through by Fernandinho, he beat his man and had a clear shot. Rolled it straight to DeGea. Still, overall he had a good game but missed opportunities!

So apparently Clattenburg has suggested Jesus should be banned...

Am I mistaken in thinking a player can only be punished if they gain an advantage from it? I.e. had we gotten a penalty.

So apparently Clattenburg has suggested Jesus should be banned...

Am I mistaken in thinking a player can only be punished if they gain an advantage from it? I.e. had we gotten a penalty.
Haha Clattenburg showing his complete ignorance of the rules. Who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.