Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll get my coat then. He looks a good team player to me, but his ability to go past a man with the ball and his finishing anywhere outside of 5 yards from goal are both bang average IMO. I can see why Pep likes him, I can see the energy he brings, and I know at 20 he’s got bags more left in him, but as a line leading, scorer of clinical finishes and brilliant goals, he’s not a patch on Sergio. A bit like Sterling, flashes of brilliance, but plenty of inconsistency too......dons tin hat!
Honest assessment that and your tin hat won't be sniped at by me.

more than 3.

9b4c0eeb139316917bf81ebcbc38dc52--funny-cute-funny-pics.jpg

I’ll get my coat then. He looks a good team player to me, but his ability to go past a man with the ball and his finishing anywhere outside of 5 yards from goal are both bang average IMO. I can see why Pep likes him, I can see the energy he brings, and I know at 20 he’s got bags more left in him, but as a line leading, scorer of clinical finishes and brilliant goals, he’s not a patch on Sergio. A bit like Sterling, flashes of brilliance, but plenty of inconsistency too......dons tin hat!

There’s so many assets to being a striker and no player has them all, it’s impossible.

Messi is the best in the world because he has so much variety. Not only is he a world class dribbler and finisher (long or short range), he creates goals with his passing and movement off the ball, he finds space everywhere as he can play on the shoulder of defenders or drop deep. He was even brilliant at pressing, his standards have dropped the last few years and he’s got Suarez to do that for him now but as far as weaknesses go he hasn’t got many.

Aguero and Jesus aren’t on his level and never will be, he’s a once in a lifetime player but there are both brilliant at different things. Sometimes we’ll need Aguero’s dribbling and finishing skills, other times Jesus’ pressing and ability to drop deep and create.

Is it possible, given the nature of offside, that someone can ever be offside during a non key time?

Whilst accepting that all strikers are likely to be offside, he seemed to be offside more than he should have been.

This isn't a hill I am particularly prepared to die on. It was an observation, not a criticism. I may be right, I may be wrong

Jesus gets the best out of KDB, Aguero, Silva, Raheem.. I can't say the same for Sergio. It's not as fluid. BUT we do need both strikers.

Whilst accepting that all strikers are likely to be offside, he seemed to be offside more than he should have been.

This isn't a hill I am particularly prepared to die on. It was an observation, not a criticism. I may be right, I may be wrong

He's also 20 years old. He will figure it out before this forum debate is over.

Him being offside is part and parcel of playing on the shoulder so much.

It obviously has its downsides, but playing so high up was also a major contributing factor to Silva's second goal. So it can work here and there.

Something to be worked on, but right now I'm not convinced it should take front seat as far as his development is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.