Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the club are thinking strategically about Gabriel and managing the situation very well. Young player with a lot of hype over from Brazil vs a media desperate to see the failure of City and our players/manager.

Announce him early and the hype begins, if he isn't fit and doesn't play cue the negative headlines "city sign unfit brazil flop". If he then comes on the pitch and performs poorly the press ramp up their attacks on him, Pep and the club.

Instead he is getting up to fitness away from the media circus and when he is announced to play will only have to focus on the hype in the stadium and his own ability. It's worth sheltering him when we can. I really think he is tough enough mentally to succeed and deal with whatever is thrown his way but it's better to do things this way. Throwing him into a game at Goodison might not be wise either. A home game where he has our support and more protection (slightly) from officials makes sense too.

Nice to see this management as opposed to how the club has done things previously particularly with young players. The Pellegrini and Sterling situation particularly where before the game he's mentally strong enough to handle a return to Anfield and at half time he is hauled off. Great way to damage a players confidence.

Rags are too busy trawling for official Ramen Suppliers and Combine Harvester 'Partners' to service the Beardy folks loans, to find time the time to sniff out any young superstar players at bargain prices these days !

Judging by the lad's twitter, he has been training with the team since 4th Jan. It is a bit annoying from the fans' perspective that we haven't seen him yet or had any official unveiling. But I reckon there's method behind this by Pep. Let the guy settle in in England and get up to scratch away from all the media hype, who will be quick to build him up then knock him down again if he doesn't bag a goal every game. They did it with Robinho, and he had tonnes more experience in the game when we signed him, than this lad.

People forget, he is 19 years old and would not surprise me if this is the first time he's ever been on a plane outside of South America. Give it time, he has the right management and people around him at City. Pep will put him out there on the pitch when he sees fit, and give the green light for any media.

It looks like the club are thinking strategically about Gabriel and managing the situation very well. Young player with a lot of hype over from Brazil vs a media desperate to see the failure of City and our players/manager.

Announce him early and the hype begins, if he isn't fit and doesn't play cue the negative headlines "city sign unfit brazil flop". If he then comes on the pitch and performs poorly the press ramp up their attacks on him, Pep and the club.

Instead he is getting up to fitness away from the media circus and when he is announced to play will only have to focus on the hype in the stadium and his own ability. It's worth sheltering him when we can. I really think he is tough enough mentally to succeed and deal with whatever is thrown his way but it's better to do things this way. Throwing him into a game at Goodison might not be wise either. A home game where he has our support and more protection (slightly) from officials makes sense too.

Nice to see this management as opposed to how the club has done things previously particularly with young players. The Pellegrini and Sterling situation particularly where before the game he's mentally strong enough to handle a return to Anfield and at half time he is hauled off. Great way to damage a players confidence.
I don't think the club is trying this hard just to keep his signing low key.

Judging by the lad's twitter,

Probably just a typo, but in case your following a troll, the below is from his confirmed instagram account and states he does not do twitter.
Capture.jpg

Probably just a typo, but in case your following a troll, the below is from his confirmed instagram account and states he does not do twitter.
Capture.jpg

Yer probably some sad bastard troll. The account was quoted on City Watch I believe, a fan bumped into him outside the Hilton in town as he was getting picked up for training with Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.