Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Clichy last night made me think Delph could be a better option against the "park the bus" opponents. I doubt he'd be any worse defensively and could offer more going forward.

Watching Clichy last night made me think Delph could be a better option against the "park the bus" opponents. I doubt he'd be any worse defensively and could offer more going forward.
I was thinking Bravo or Kidd myself.

I was a big fan in the early days, but he is easily the worst left back in the prem right now. Can only see him retiring or leaving England this Summer.

He was terrible but better than Sagna who offered nothing at all. Least clichy dos get forward a bit. He hit a couple of decent crosses in the box in the last 10 mins but overall he isn't good enough along with Navas, Sagna, Fernando and Nolito.

Nonsense. Sagna is at least a competent defender. Gael has nothing left anymore.

He's been a good servent to us overall.

This season he's gone off the Demichelis cliff though, but it's not something I will hold against him.

For me it was when he skinned the stoke full back in their area with 5 minutes to go and then stood there looking around as if he was lost, before losing the ball.
For me it was the moment in the first half where Navas cut across the pitch, our attackers made diagonal runs leaving a man over on the left in acres of space, Navas picks him out and he's got all the time in the world to get the ball out of his feet and either have a shot, run at goal or drill a ball across dangerously. Then I hear the commentator say "and he picks out Clichy in space" and I quickly realise it's not a promising attack at all. He aimlessly chips the ball to no one in particular and the attack ends. So fucking predictable, you know that no matter how good a position he's in, nothing will come of it.

I don't get why so many people think he's "been a good servant to the club" and all that, he's been a weak link most of the time he's been here. Had one good year in 11/12 and then has spent the next 5 years alternating between ok and outright waste of space. The fact that he's struggled to nail down the leftback spot over the past 5 years from fucking Kolarov says a lot about how poor he's been. I don't think we've had a player who's played so many games yet offered so little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.