Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantly turning sideways does my head in,defend properly or not at all
He has been a good servant and along with all our title winning players i thank him but time to go

Sagna was wank last night. Anyone can hit a 10 yard pass. Clichy is bobbins too. All the full backs are.

Sagna was in no way an issue last night mate.

Look, tactically here's what Stoke did- double up on Sane. That's it. That was their entire game plan. They dropped deep, so it allowed us the luxury of one completely left alone player and that was Gael "I'm dogshit" Clichy. Now had Gael done what he did over the weekend and continually drive inside, we'd have had a field day. But the idiot played right into their hands and made himself a non issue.

So Sagna had an uneventful game, fair enough. He had Navas in front of him and not Sterling.

Sane spent the night doing Gael's work for him and Gael still couldn't have an effect, alone and unmarked.

Sagna was in no way an issue last night mate.

Look, tactically here's what Stoke did- double up on Sane. That's it. That was their entire game plan. They dropped deep, so it allowed us the luxury of one completely left alone player and that was Gael "I'm dogshit" Clichy. Now had Gael done what he did over the weekend and continually drive inside, we'd have had a field day. But the idiot played right into their hands and made himself a non issue.

So Sagna had an uneventful game, fair enough. He had Navas in front of him and not Sterling.

Sane spent the night doing Gael's work for him and Gael still couldn't have an effect, alone and unmarked.

Don't me wrong I'm not a Clichy fan and he is gone but Sagna should be gone too as should zabaleta. None of them are good enough anymore. Too old for the role.

Don't me wrong I'm not a Clichy fan and he is gone but Sagna should be gone too as should zabaleta. None of them are good enough anymore. Too old for the role.
They're all out of contract. It's getting to the stage now where I'd imagine they're all going to move on as there's no noise about renewing.

The end of contracts is good news this season because it forces us to take steps to do something about it.
It's ridiculous the way it's gone though, we should have shipped out a full back on either side 21 months ago and brought in younger legs, even if we had to send them on loan.

It's ridiculous the way it's gone though, we should have shipped out a full back on either side 21 months ago and brought in younger legs, even if we had to send them on loan.

We missed out on Alex Sandri who's now the best LB in Europe for £18m. He'd have solved our LB problems for years. Clichy was abysmal last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.