Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legs have gone for me, watched him tracking back vs Stoke attack & he misread the attack on numerous occasions, decent team would have punished us on the counter. Has been a great servant but maybe 18 months past his best now

Legs have gone for me, watched him tracking back vs Stoke attack & he misread the attack on numerous occasions, decent team would have punished us on the counter. Has been a great servant but maybe 18 months past his best now
Make it 30 months and I'll agree with you. I reckon he's been below average since the start of the 14/15 season, I remember him leaving Mangala in the lurch time and again that season. He has the occasional decent game but far too many crap ones.

Make it 30 months and I'll agree with you. I reckon he's been below average since the start of the 14/15 season, I remember him leaving Mangala in the lurch time and again that season. He has the occasional decent game but far too many crap ones.
He was shite in 12/13 too and couldn't get in the team for much of the 13/14 season. In fact he's been here nearly 5 seasons and bar the odd game here and there since the end of the first one he's been shite. To add to it now he's lost his pace as well.

30th June 2017

Much better today, likes going forward but can be wasteful. He played a crucial part in our second goal.

Gael Clichy (out of contract in June) on his future: "My future is irrelevant. I am focused on the games and nothing else."

Gael Clichy on his future: "You have to put contracts to one side and think only about winning trophies." [Sunday Mirror]

The 21st century Richard Edghill scapegoat.

Hes been here since 2011 and won 2 Premier League titles, 2 League Cups and an FA Cup under two highly respected managers who will go down in City's history.

Both of whom had a bottomless pit of money to replace him yet not once did they seek to do so.

He is past his best now and i am sure he would agree with that, but some of the garbage posted on this thread is laughable.

The 21st century Richard Edghill scapegoat.

Hes been here since 2011 and won 2 Premier League titles, 2 League Cups and an FA Cup under two highly respected managers who will go down in City's history.

Both of whom had a bottomless pit of money to replace him yet not once did they seek to do so.

He is past his best now and i am sure he would agree with that, but some of the garbage posted on this thread is laughable.
Well said that man.

Just fucking retire lad. Has become an embarrassment to his own legacy.

Lost every headed cross last night and was completely targeted for it. Monaco had his number. Liverpool, Arsenal etc will all do the same.

Right now I'd rather Bravo play the position than Gael.

At least Neville was man enough to realise he couldn't hack it mid-season and did the honourable thing. Clichy should do the same.

Just fucking retire lad. Has become an embarrassment to his own legacy.

Lost every headed cross last night and was completely targeted for it. Monaco had his number. Liverpool, Arsenal etc will all do the same.

Right now I'd rather Bravo play the position than Gael.

At least Neville was man enough to realise he couldn't hack it mid-season and did the honourable thing. Clichy should do the same.

Could still do a job as backup for a lot of teams. Left footed full backs are not abundant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.