Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by BigOscar, 6 Dec 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoff clipp

geoff clipp

Aside from the penalty i thought he had a decent game. He can't cut it at the top level anymore but he gave absolutely everything today and did a good job. He's had a lot of stick this season and whilst it's frustrating that we've neglected to upgrade the fullback positions, that isn't really his fault.

2. Gabriel

Gabriel

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Clichy performs well between now and the end of the season. There will of course be a lot of 'shop window comments', but in his time with us he's always looked considerably better when given a run of games, and I thought that he looked sharper and hungrier yesterday. I suspect he'll now be given that run in the coming weeks and show a marked improvement in form and consistency.

3. MichaelFrontzeck'sBathroom

MichaelFrontzeck'sBathroom

anyone else see that cringeworthy handshake he did in the tunnel with breeze block (milner) before the game? as for his performances, it's nothing less of what we should expect from him he has always been average and always will be.

4. Blue Coop

Blue Coop

He costs us far too many goals through individual error. Failed to push up, then got outmuscled by Theo Walcott for the equaliser. Been saying for ages we'll improve hugely defensively with a new left-back alone.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

That may well be true but i cant fault the lad for effort and heart,one or two others,with more ability,could learn a thing or two from him in that department.

6. bluethai

bluethai

7. cadds92

cadds92

He has arguably over stayed his position at City for at least 3 seasons now, but my word this season has he been poor.

Like Yaya he is a City legend but time to move on.

8. Easy

Easy

When it matters most, you can always count on Clichy to fuck up and cost us a goal.

9. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

Must have more assists than KDB now, shame they're for the opposition. Absolute liability.

10. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

He's three years past his sell by date and the fact that Pellers and Pep gave him any game time at all is astonishing , an absolute liabilty and i cringe when i see his name on the team sheet , he did OK for his first couple of seasons but he should never pull on a blue/orange/maroon/pink/purple city shirt again , his positional mistake today was compounded by the fact he didnt even make a decent challenge as the last defender , f*cking waste of a shirt number now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.