Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep takes the can for this. He kept all four fullbacks and actually hasn't improved any of them. Clichy is error prone, but the manager keeps selecting him and loaned out our younger LB in Angelino.

Id have them both in right now as they cant be any worse than what we see week in, week out.

For a side at our level ive honestly never seen such poor options at full back.
Exactly, they would at least have upside and room to improve. Our current fullbacks are all wank and only getting worse. Clichy in particular is just utterly pointless

Pep takes the can for this. He kept all four fullbacks and actually hasn't improved any of them. Clichy is error prone, but the manager keeps selecting him and loaned out our younger LB in Angelino.

Kolarov has been improved. He's now actually a semi-competent CB instead of a complete liability at LB. In fact when he's having a good game he's our best CB, just isn't consistent enough - but then again neither are the other 2.

If you'd argue the case of Maffeo I would probably agree, but while I loved Angelino's determination and skills, I don't think it's a coincidence that he is currently a player of a relegation threatened side in the Segunda. Might become a great one in the future, mind, but he'll have to leave for good in the summer first, I'm afraid.

Angelino has his issues, but that's not one of them. We arrange loans where players will fit in easily and at teams which compliment their style of football.

Is Jordan Pickford shite because Sunderland are getting relegated and he's the keeper? No, of course not.

What a load of crap.

You can't improve the likes of Clichy, Zabaleta and Sagna at their age ffs.its like asking a manager to improve last seasons Demichelis....Impossible!

The idea that Pep is to blame for not replacing fullbacks which needed replacing 4 years ago is just embarrassingly thick.

They're all in the last year of their contract and won't leave until it's finished. We couldn't move them on last summer due to a mix of clubs wanting them for free later on and their wages being too big to take on.

We couldn't afford to keep them on the books and bring in new ones on huge wages as well.

Think.

He offers little defensively and absolutely nothing going forward. And he's so error prone. Would Angelino really have been that much worse?
I personally can't wait until Clichy goes, but Angelino is a mile away from being defensively good enough to play for Port Vale tbh.

Maffeo you'd have a point, Angelino no. We needed to sign a left back last summer, Angelino is nowhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.