Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet when we`ve played him at right back he constantly had to cut in from the right side to get onto his favoured left foot.Work that one out and the shit that MP got for playing someone out of position.
Oakie, he's said himself that he's right footed and his dad encouraged him to use his left to give him a better chance of making it as a pro. He's a right footer that's practised a lot with his left, he still doesn't have that natural instinct to drive on with his left and hit a cross. You'll see the difference next season when we actually have someone suited to the role, yet quicker than Kolarov.

He's been here so long and he probably has at most eight games left for us so I'm happy to just enjoy it.

Oakie, he's said himself that he's right footed and his dad encouraged him to use his left to give him a better chance of making it as a pro. He's a right footer that's practised a lot with his left, he still doesn't have that natural instinct to drive on with his left and hit a cross. You'll see the difference next season when we actually have someone suited to the role, yet quicker than Kolarov.
I`m not disputing that, but if you look at the % ratio of times he uses his left foot over his right its very high.Any fuckers quicker than Kolarov so I`m more than exited as to who replaces either or both.

Played well yesterday and worked really hard for the team. Was one moment though where I was screaming for him to get out and close his opponent down; fortunately, he heard me.

Played well yesterday and worked really hard for the team. Was one moment though where I was screaming for him to get out and close his opponent down; fortunately, he heard me.
Good to hear he still listens to instructions :-)

Always had a soft spot for Clichy has he's been the only real top quality left back I've ever seen at city (talking about his 2011-2012 form here where he literally never made a mistake) just a pity he couldn't continue that form. Although I wouldn't mine seeing him getting an extension its probably the right time for him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.