Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where it's due, the second half against Watford and today's game have been a massive improvement on the start of the season for Clichy. The fact that he kept Walcott and Bellerin quiet for almost 90 minutes says it all.

For a lad that is fast & a natural athlete,it surprises me that he doesn't push & run to the byline more.

Should be running beyond Kev,Dave etc & backing his defender in to the box.

Lacking in confidence me thinks.

For a lad that is fast & a natural athlete,it surprises me that he doesn't push & run to the byline more.

Should be running beyond Kev,Dave etc & backing his defender in to the box.

Lacking in confidence me thinks.

Not lacking confidence. He's simply poor on the ball.

Had a decent game today and when Kolarov plays CB we are still in need for Clichy. Clearly behind Kolarov though in Pep's judgement.

Not lacking confidence. He's simply poor on the ball.

Had a decent game today and when Kolarov plays CB we are still in need for Clichy. Clearly behind Kolarov though in Pep's judgement.
I actually think he makes us better, and as other allude to he always needs a run of games (was poor as a bit part player) - has the pace to cover and I think Kolarov will only be used as a centre back from now on as you have to have pace somewhere across the backline especially at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.