Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is what he is. We know he's not good enough, but what other choice do we have, it's him & Kolarov, neither are good enough. Think it's very obvious we'll be getting a new left back in the summer - only question is if we got desperate & went for one in January, but seems unlikely.

3 years too late

If a youth player put in a performance like our leftbacks have in about half of the games over the past 3 years, we'd never see them again and everyone would declare them wank.

He is, arguably, the very single worst footballer within the matchday squads of the entire top 6
An hesitant mess in possession, who is often ignored when he bothers to get around the wide forward due to his lack of invention/quality when he receives it
Terribly weak and lightweight and it absolutely staggers me when people think he even comes close to matching Kolarovs skill set

The fact he is still here speaks volumes of the negligence partaken when building this squad; for the manager we have apparently prepared it for since 2012... staggering...

Although he did bail us out against Burnley. The only time one of our players has had a decent shot from outside the box that I can remember.

Although he did bail us out against Burnley. The only time one of our players has had a decent shot from outside the box that I can remember.

That goal against Burnley blinded people in respect to how bad he actually played in that game. He continually gave the ball away under no pressure. Yesterday we paid the price for his carelessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.