Gambling Addiction

Yeah i think Gambling shouldn't be advertised, if you want to bet so be it but don't rub these offers in peoples faces. If smoking isn't advertised then surely Gambling shouldn't be either, goes under the same category of vices.

I put 10s e/w on Jon Rahm at 25s pays out on first five at 1/4 the odds for this week's TPC Sawgrass. I only bet on the majors and this event and my little football accumulator £2.50 throughout the season, oh then there is the lottery & the Irish lotto. Just take care & I would advise against any betting app, it would be just too tempting.

I believe there is some kind of Addiction Gene, having seen many Lads I grew up with at various stages in their lives... They'd be addicted to Drugs, then switch it to Alcohol, Sports Betting , Slot Machines... And whatever next.

Financial status does not take away this and more monetary resources can only fuel the addiction.

It's irrelevant who the player is. There will be plenty more, hey probability of City players with their own addictions.

The actual problem is society itself and how many issues such as Addiction and many other Mental health issues are hidden, brushed under the carpet as though it's some inconvenient truth.

Constant bombardment of Drink, Betting, Sugary Foods and so on... Brainwashed by these Corporations who funnily enough pay the wages of many Famous Stars out there.
Whether it's a Hollywood actor smoking a cigarette whilst drinking a beer in the latest blockbuster... Or a popular FootbaIler who's probably never drank the shit in his life, pretending to hold a can of Pepsi in a Advert at Half Time on SkySports.

We as a society look down our noses at the low income, "dregs" of society all on Spice in Piccadilly Gardens.
Yet just down the road we cheer for another bunch of young lads, all drugged up on PED's.
Only difference is the Footballers contribute to the economy by indirectly promoting certain companies.

Yes, they made the choice to choose their vice, but this addiction gene they have is what probably got them into being such good footballers, or shoplifters (spice heads) in the first place.

Yeah i think Gambling shouldn't be advertised, if you want to bet so be it but don't rub these offers in peoples faces. If smoking isn't advertised then surely Gambling shouldn't be either, goes under the same category of vices.

Completely agree with this and no amount of bet sensibly at the end of an advert will stop some from ruining their own and others lives.

I was getting a bit worried I was slipping into a gambling addiction. Luckily gave my head a wobble after a week of losing (luckily well within my means out of previous wins) but its opened my eyes to how much advertising there is.
Literally can't go on the web and read about football without there being an advert for some bookies. Go on twitter to read about footy and these stupidly enhanced odds new account deals are everywhere. Can't walk around the small town I live without seeing several bookies etc.
I feel very sorry for anybody who is gripped in an addiction to it and can't stop themselves but its so easy to see how people are. Its literally everywhere and seems like a totally normal thing to do.

Same with alcohol too then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.