Game management, time wasting and poor officials

The lad next to me always starts the stopwatch on his phone at 90 minutes. The ref blew at 3:30 last night. How the fuck does that happen?

First half should have seen at least three minutes added and the second half anywhere from seven upwards. That's a full five minutes more than was actually added and I am being generous to the ref. Blatant time wasting = cheating. And don't get me started on how many yards Stoke stole at every throw in.

Diego Costa goes down "injured" on the far side of the pitch just prior to being substituted in the majority of matches.

For your reading pleasure

http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

http://www.5-a-side.com/uncategorized/how-much-time-is-the-ball-in-play-in-a-soccer-match/

I once saw a comparison between premier league, bundesliga, la liga, la Ligue and serie a, but I can't find it. IIRC prem had the highest average ball in play time.

Wherever you look you'll find references to Stoke slowing the game down.

If this happened what would the effects be? Would teams such as stoke speed up to get the game over more quickly or would they waste even more time to further frustrate the opposition?

What about the early leavers? Will they go on a set number of minutes or at a particular time of the day... imagine that you have a fixed appointment after the match and you are willing them to get on with it.

I'd have 30 min each way on the clock with a review so that the total time should be an hour and 50 minutes including 15 min half time break as was common in the seventies and eighties.

The speed of players with teams like Stoke, leaving the pitch on being substituted is a piss take too. Players should leave the pitch at the nearest point to where they are.

First half should have seen at least three minutes added and the second half anywhere from seven upwards. That's a full five minutes more than was actually added and I am being generous to the ref. Blatant time wasting = cheating. And don't get me started on how many yards Stoke stole at every throw in.

Often with the sole intention of making sure they steal so many yards that the ref makes them retreat about ten paces at a very slow pace

After saying all that the ref could have added what he wanted we wouldnt have scored am afraid our scoring boots were left at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.