Game management, time wasting and poor officials

The speed of players with teams like Stoke, leaving the pitch on being substituted is a piss take too. Players should leave the pitch at the nearest point to where they are.
my 10 year old lad asked me exactly this ...he said why dont they go off at the nearest point to where they are and walk round.....i couldnt answer him!

My only guess would be that they're still in their full kit with nothing covering their shirt. I don't know.

The worst rule brought in which contributes the most to time wasting
Taking the goal kicks from whichever side you want.
Noticed numerous times when the lesser teams come and the keeper strolls across the goal to the other side and if it goes out that side strolls to the other.

The worst rule brought in which contributes the most to time wasting
Taking the goal kicks from whichever side you want.
Noticed numerous times when the lesser teams come and the keeper strolls across the goal to the other side and if it goes out that side strolls to the other.

Some keepers have it down to a fine art, the ex Everton yank did (forget his name) he would run out to the edge of his box after a shot went wide and would pretend to be bollocking his defence before strolling back to decide which side to take it from.

Football just needs a timekeeper who stops the clock when play stops, no time wasting,no phantom extra minutes, and counting down the last seconds might be fun.It could mean reducing game time to 35-40 mins each half, but I am sure thats more than some matches as things currently stand.

If I've said it once I must have said it twice: there is no better way to 'massage' a result than the outrageous notion that the game consists of two forty-five minute halves! At least the Stoke goalie wasn't trying to break Schwarzer's record of how long to waste at a goal kick.

Some keepers have it down to a fine art, the ex Everton yank did (forget his name) he would run out to the edge of his box after a shot went wide and would pretend to be bollocking his defence before strolling back to decide which side to take it from.
You mean Timmy "Tourettes" Howard.
(As in "Timmy Tourettes is in the nets. Shit, fuck, bollocks.")

I think we were alittle guilty today of game management,the amount of time the ball didn't come out of the area after a goal kick.

gk pass to defender , defender thinks he will be under a little pressure play the ball before the ball comes out the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.