Game of the season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 10 Nov 2017.

1. Marvin

Marvin

mancity.com have picked 3 games for their game of the season:

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...ber/man-city-game-of-the-season-writers-panel

1) City 7 - 2 Stoke
    2) Chelsea 0 - 1 Chelsea
    3) Napoli 2 - 4 City

Which would you go for? Or any others.

I think mine was the Chelsea 0 - 1 City. Sustained performance for 90 mins against a very good team, and a real statement to the rest of the league.

It's good to be able to look back on the first 1/4 of the season and reflect on one of the best periods in the history of this club. I don't think any English football club has ever played football of this quality for a sustained spell, but we must take this on and make it count.

2. billfromthehill

billfromthehill

We’re at the quarter mile mark .Enjoy the ride it will twist and bend like a road.
    Basically it’s early days and YES it’s fukin mint.

3. JULES

JULES

retired
    napoli

4. journolud

journolud

Chelsea. Absolutely bossed the champions on their own ground

5. Dribble

Dribble

Stoke for the goals
    Chelsea for the importance
    ***Napoli for the sheer entertainment of watching two superb teams play football how it was meant to be played.***

6. The Black Shed

The Black Shed

7. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Stoke. For the first and only time during any match ive ever seen I actually thought that this is 'the best football I've ever seen in my life'. For me it doesn't get any better than that so yeah has to be the Stoke game for me.

8. Stockton Heath Blue

Stockton Heath Blue

Such a hard choice given the different aspects of each game: -

Chelsea - high profile game, title challenger and away from home. Totally bossed the game and a brilliant goal deserving of winning the match.

Stoke - At 2-2, I thought here we go again but then just clicked through the gears and blew them away with some fantastic football and goals.

Napoli - Away to one of the form teams in Europe in CL, 1-0 down. Reminded me of when we were at our best under Mancini - never really a panic moment if we went behind because you just knew we would turn it round.

For me, it has to be the Chelsea game due to the fact we completely dominated the game at the home of the reigning PL Champions but the other 2 come a close 2nd.

9. Bewar3them00n

Bewar3them00n

Working for the Man
    For beating Napoli on their own ground, a meeting of the 2 leaders of their leagues, end to end stuff and a real marker thrown down to the rest of Europe that we are the real deal, never give up, and will not waver in belief in playing football the beautiful way.

10. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Napoli for me for the shear enjoyment of the football from both sides.

Yes Stoke for the goals and Chelsea for who they are but for shear enjoyment of watching football how it should be played then Napoli.