Game of the season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 10 Nov 2017.

1. Misscitizen

Misscitizen

Primary school teacher.
    Stoke without a shadow of doubt.

2. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Agreed, and no doubt a springboard that made Napoli possible, also, an honourable mention to the Watford game, a decent team full of confidence who tried going toe to toe, we began to see what we really are capable of.

3. Gunnerblue9320

Gunnerblue9320

+1

4. Arsenal was a pretty good game and played at some pace by both sides. City of previous seasons might have crumbled drop points. We then went up another gear and scored when needed.

5. its a Barm

its a Barm

part time rag slayer
    Chelsea for me, showed everyone what we can do this season.

6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

And I do sympathise with the Watford fan who thought it couldn't get any worse than last season's five nil. The RDAHMeedya were talking of Watford going into fourth place if they won!

The Napoli game was against the only opponents we've faced this season who were determined to win in style - and they got turned over in style! Cue the notion that Pep is ruining Italian defenders.

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

In previous seasons if we conceded we knew the game was over. It seems not to matter if the opposition score, or when, or if they are in touching distance of getting a point, you know that somehow the attacking force will find another gear and some very good convertible chances are just a minute or two down the line.

8. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

grammar policeman
    Well,I’ll be alone in this, but for me it’s Watford. It certainly wasn’t the most important game so far, obviously. Chelsea and the two Napoli games much, much more important as markers. But we have thoroughly outplayed other sides so far. Watford was on a whole other level. They couldn’t get their foot on the ball! This is Premier League professionals we’re talking about, and professionals who were on a pretty good run up to then. We made them look like little lads playing in the school yard during the break, against a fully seasoned professional team. I’m not sure that I’ve seen anything quite like it. People over-use the expression ‘scoring for fun’ but that is exactly and literally what it looked like. It looked as if we were scoring almost as an afterthought, when we got bored with keeping the ball.

9. DenisLawBackHeel74

DenisLawBackHeel74

Napoli

I watched it with a couple of neutrals and even they said it was the best game they'd seen all season

10. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Chavs & Nap equally for the massage they sent to both leagues & possibly globally.

Due to the international make up of the squad we're getting very positive reviews in proper football countries....Brazil,Argentinia,Spain.

Who'd have thought it after Lincoln,York & Wycombe x2.

Manchester- The City of CITY thanks you Sheikh Mansour.