Game of the season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 10 Nov 2017.

1. Marvin

Marvin

It was a dip from previous games I thought for obvious reasons, but still very satisfying to beat a rested team, in what was a massive game for them.

Beating Chelsea 1-0 on their patch in the manner we did was the best for me.

We shook Liverpool for about a month, and I think we did the same to Chelsea. Undermined their confidence and it took them a few games to recover

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I have no idea which was the best game, but re the Chelsea game, it only finished 1-0, & imo that is a credit to Conte for getting it right, & Chelsea doing well to live with us, rather than as some suggest, him getting it wrong. If he'd got it wrong, it would have been 5.

Technically, that would have to be the best game imo, for that reason.

But that doesn't mean it actually was the best game, overall.

3. Gingers Dad

Gingers Dad

I agree. If Conte had brought on a forward when Morata got injured it would have been a spanking. Conte knew that they had to just stop City playing at that point. Considering City were the away team it was an emphatic victory.

4. Hmmm...I don’t like this sort of thing in November.

5. malg

malg

I get where you're coming from m. Doesn't sit well with me either. Let's get a nice 15 to 20 point gap, then start talking about our best game.

However, it was the Chelsea game for me.

6. KS55

KS55

Absolutely. Scanning the horizon for a sick swan.

Last edited: 11 Nov 2017
  7. Silva_Spell

Silva_Spell

Our performance vs Chelsea was quality from start to finish but the Napoli game was the highest quality game I've seen for a long time. Both teams were excellent so I'd go with that one.

8. Bijay Shrestha

Bijay Shrestha

Napoli away has to be the best game performance wise. They have been consistently performing very well this season. Their pressing was impeccable. Put us under huge pressure so early in the match. From going goal down to win the game by scoring 4 goals against such a brilliant side was a huge statement.

9. bennyboy

bennyboy

Bournemouth away must be up there for importance.
    That last gasp goal and we have kicked on from there after an average start scoring wise.