Game of Thrones - Season 6

And we are all up to the same place, show watchers and book readers are all unsullied

Make or break season for the producers of the show. I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the last two seasons.

And we are all up to the same place, show watchers and book readers are all unsullied

Keep in mind that there is plenty that has happened in the books that the shows producers seem to have been holding back on. Although, yes, the bulk of the plot will be new.

Edit: I'm not one of those "the books are so much better" people, I've never read them. Doesn't stop my nerd friends from battering me with spoilers.

Make or break season for the producers of the show. I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the last two seasons.

Keep in mind that there is plenty that has happened in the books that the shows producers seem to have been holding back on. Although, yes, the bulk of the plot will be new.

Edit: I'm not one of those "the books are so much better" people, I've never read them. Doesn't stop my nerd friends from battering me with spoilers.

I dont think its make or break at all, maybe for you it is, but series 5 was more widely watched than the others, the show has never been more popular and it also won an Emmy for best drama series.

As for what has been left out, it gives wonderful scope and possibilities for spin offs, I should imagine. I have book reading friends who have given me spoilers for years now as well, they are quite aloof and superior about it all, at how the show is ruining characters and plot lines, blissfully unaware they have been doing exactly that!!

How long can this keep going for!? surely they have milked the cash cow so much already..

Time for some new ideas and shows. You can't keep relying on the same format.

There is a reason even the greatest shows (like Prison Break, X-Files, BB, Friends, LOST etc) eventually stopped. Because no matter how popular something is, there is a very limited shelf life. It is because people's attention span is for only so long..

How long can this keep going for!? surely they have milked the cash cow so much already..

Time for some new ideas and shows. You can't keep relying on the same format.

There is a reason even the greatest shows (like Prison Break, X-Files, BB, Friends, LOST etc) eventually stopped. Because no matter how popular something is, there is a very limited shelf life. It is because people's attention span is for only so long..

As I said in my previous post, its never been more popular and won the Emmy for best drama series, so as long as there is a will and an audience it will carry on. It has another series or 2 after this one planned.

The show runners need to up their game. Unfortunately they've started to rush the show and and it.. shows

Hardhome (ep 8) was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen but they they completely botched Dorne and the Sand Snakes.

I dont think its make or break at all, maybe for you it is, but series 5 was more widely watched than the others, the show has never been more popular and it also won an Emmy for best drama series.

As for what has been left out, it gives wonderful scope and possibilities for spin offs, I should imagine. I have book reading friends who have given me spoilers for years now as well, they are quite aloof and superior about it all, at how the show is ruining characters and plot lines, blissfully unaware they have been doing exactly that!!

Fucking tell me about it. Every time a film or TV adaption of a book comes out we have to go through book snobs telling us it's not as good as the books. Don't watch it then you tits!

Yeah, I suppose I can't really argue with the continually building popularity but they could alienate a large portion of the fans depending on which direction they take it. I'm not going to pretend I'm not excited though.

Fucking tell me about it. Every time a film or TV adaption of a book comes out we have to go through book snobs telling us it's not as good as the books. Don't watch it then you tits!

Yeah, I suppose I can't really argue with the continually building popularity but they could alienate a large portion of the fans depending on which direction they take it. I'm not going to pretend I'm not excited though.

What gets me is that with just about every complaint about the show, comes a spoiler. Fuckers. As I usually watch the show online before they do, I might return the compliment, see how they like it. I think people forget its the largest ever TV show in terms of crew and cast, they simply cant include everything and some people are going to be upset at what has been left out or that they dont get things exactly as they had imagined it, with them forgetting peoples imaginations do vary. I read an interview with the producers and they said they had colour coding with stickers for each crew for each scene so they knew what arc it was and where it went into the show, so they had a feel of how and where things fitted in as to not lose track, quite important with so many filming hours and so many people involved, they ran out of distinctive colours quite early on and have moved onto polka dot stickers to track things and they still get confused and muddled up.

I'm not upset as I've not read the books, I intend to do that when the series has finished and if Martin ever gets around to finishing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.