Game of Thrones

Wildfire is green though isn't it? I imagine if he lit his sword using that the flames would be green, instead of orange/red. However if what you say is the case does lightbringer specifically have to be a sword then, or could it be a reference to Daenerys' dragons?
I like that idea to be honest, of Dany being Azor and Jon being the prince that was promised, if they are in fact now both a separate entities rather a reference to the same person.
Wildfire burns through any material. Wouldn't put it on a sword. I also like the idea of Drogon being lightbringer.

Came very late to this party but managed to watch all 6 series over a 3 month period last years and buzzing for series 7, also just bought the box set of books and I'll be getting stuck into them soon

Wildfire burns through any material. Wouldn't put it on a sword. I also like the idea of Drogon being lightbringer.

Season one and three the siege of pyke is reminisced about and both times Thoros and his flaming sword is mentioned, the books mention it is wildfire causing the flames

Season one and three the siege of pyke is reminisced about and both times Thoros and his flaming sword is mentioned, the books mention it is wildfire causing the flames
You are right I just checked.

Wierd how it burns through bones but it can be applied to regular steel.

Azor Ahai is the Prince that was Promised that the red woman always talks about. Basically in the old days the world was swallowed by darkness (the white walkers) before a hero came forward (Azor Ahai) and drew a flaming sword from the heart of his true love Nissa Nissa. This sword is light bringer and he wielded it to defeat the white walkers.

It is prophesised that Azor Ahai will walk the earth again born beneath a burning star (the red comet from season one, or last season Jon was born beneath the pommel of Dawn, Arthur Dayne's sword, featuring a red star) amid salt and smoke.

He will be born of Targaryan lineage.

The question is who is it? Jon is the obvious awnser but Danerys is also in the mix.

Read it up online it is fascinating.
Cheers I've tried to stay away from reading stuff in case it has spoilers about the series or are we past that now?

Why read a thread about the series if you don't want spoilers?
I don't read the spoilers in a thread I was interested in the sword, a spoiler to me is if someone is going to die etc there are that many characters and names in this it's bloody confusing, lots of stuff mentioned in earlier series Ive completely forgot about, it's an age thing ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.