Game of Thrones

Came very late to this party but managed to watch all 6 series over a 3 month period last years and buzzing for series 7, also just bought the box set of books and I'll be getting stuck into them soon
I am reading the books now having seen all the telly episodes in a short time similarly to you. I have not enjoyed them as much as I thought I would due to the differences between the books and the telly. There are whole chapters characters and plots that don't feature on the telly. Whilst reading the bits that are not on the telly I feel that they are just padding and not relevant to the plot. I would suggest that you leave it a few years before reading the books so you forget the telly and appreciate the books.

I am reading the books now having seen all the telly episodes in a short time similarly to you. I have not enjoyed them as much as I thought I would due to the differences between the books and the telly. There are whole chapters characters and plots that don't feature on the telly. Whilst reading the bits that are not on the telly I feel that they are just padding and not relevant to the plot. I would suggest that you leave it a few years before reading the books so you forget the telly and appreciate the books.

Never watch any tv/film if you intend to read the books always read the books first.

The first 3 books of game of thrones are 3 of the best reads I've had brilliant read.

Just been catching up with the end of the last season again. So I am ready .. does anyone else think that he will never finish the books?

Just been catching up with the end of the last season again. So I am ready .. does anyone else think that he will never finish the books?

Me too, watched the last 3 episodes back to back and glad i did because it really pumped me up. I had been a little blase about it because it's been away for longer than usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.