Gaming PC Advice

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by The Silver Surfer, 5 Jun 2016.

1. discopop

discopop

I bought the same PC 5 months back and it runs like a dream, good tech support as well, It can handle pretty much any game I run on it at decent frame rates and resolutions

2. ChesterRdBlue

ChesterRdBlue

Cheers mate, I can't ask much more than testament from someone who has one.

Found a link to this - http://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-x4-860k...case-nvidia-gtx-960-2gb-gaming-pc-system.html is that any better? I really haven't a clue and may be best to do a bit more research, none of it means much to me. Clicking through these games on steam is luring me in, but I'm possibly better to stick with the PS4, even I can't fuck that up.

3. discopop

discopop

Never been overly enamanoured with AMD chipsets that's why I plumped for the Intel quad core, it's a very painless system boots up quickly doesn't get too hot and is reasonably quiet, I have a PlayStation but to be honest I can't get on with the controllers so a gaming PC will always win out for me GTA5 is awesome on my rig

4. ChesterRdBlue

ChesterRdBlue

Thanks again, you seem to know your onions and the reviews suggest that this will do the trick.

5. ChesterRdBlue

ChesterRdBlue

One last one, is this not slightly better than the one above? http://www.ebuyer.com/760823-cyberpower-gaming-warfare-1050ti-ecc01749 Using the cpu comparison website the processor seems to have a slightly better score (but is 2.8ghz against 3.2, less is more?) as does the graphics thing which is the Ti version (sounds good) and is 4gb against 2gb (now more is more?) but I am quite likely barking up the wrong tree. Cheers for any help and unless there are any better suggestions I'll likely go for one or the other on these and steam here I come.

6. ColinLee

ColinLee

Between those 2 for gaming I'd go for the Cyberpower one, graphics cards should be your main concern when gaming and the Ti version is 1 tier above the non-Ti one (not a huge difference to be sure). The biggest draw for me though would be 4GB Vram against 2GB, you can't run at high resolutions without the Vram to store and manipulate the pixels. The CPU may be slower per core (4 cores is a must btw) but it is the latest Skylake processor (not sure what the other one is) so would make up a little there.

Edit: sorry, got Skylake & Kaby Lake mixed up there.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2017
  7. ColinLee

ColinLee