Gareth Barry

He's a good lad - why would you wish such a terrible thing on him?

True

Southgate doesn't seem to want to give the present U21 of Izzy Brown, kasey Palmer a try and Harry Winks though called up looks like was just part of the numbers.

If England go to the world cup with the thinking henderson and dier as holding midfielders then southgates an idiot

If someone else can do the running for him. yes. He has a far keener, more aware football brain than some of the jokers that PizzaHead keeps shoving in the midfield, Raheem excepted!

Rhat's what I mean, he sits on the 20 yard line mopping up pressure and recieving from thedwfence and distributing to the flanks and attacking midfield, hardly having to move

Rhat's what I mean, he sits on the 20 yard line mopping up pressure and recieving from thedwfence and distributing to the flanks and attacking midfield, hardly having to move

We've seen too many quality footballers hang up their boots or be overlooked for the national sides when they or the selectors think their legs have gone. I would have loved to have seen Bernarbia play a few seasons in the PL. These players have vision and bat-like radar, they have the footballing qualities that they've had for years and have been improved over the passing years. Too many managers in the English game some years ago lauded the notion of work-rate, i.e. tear-arsing around doing very little but the stats showed them up as 'working'! The pass Barry made yesterday to Rodgriguez was the kind we have marvelled at when delivered by Yaya or David Silva. Barry will probably get nowhere near the England squad for Russia but it will be England's loss.

Best central midfielder that England have, everyone still seems to remember that one time in 2010 when Ozil ran past him and Germany scored so everyone’s opinion has already been formed.

We've seen too many quality footballers hang up their boots or be overlooked for the national sides when they or the selectors think their legs have gone. I would have loved to have seen Bernarbia play a few seasons in the PL. These players have vision and bat-like radar, they have the footballing qualities that they've had for years and have been improved over the passing years. Too many managers in the English game some years ago lauded the notion of work-rate, i.e. tear-arsing around doing very little but the stats showed them up as 'working'! The pass Barry made yesterday to Rodgriguez was the kind we have marvelled at when delivered by Yaya or David Silva. Barry will probably get nowhere near the England squad for Russia but it will be England's loss.

I still believe pellers got rid too soon, would have been handy for a cpuple of seasons and instead we got rid and bought fernando.

Still the most inteligent english center midfielder in prem

No.

We have had 2 England squads become world champions.

Its time to move on if we are ever going to be successful at senior levels again.

No.

We have had 2 England squads become world champions.

Its time to move on if we are ever going to be successful at senior levels again.

As I said southgate won't be playing U21 players so what chance the U20 and U17 will get a look in.

In practical terms of the english CM playing in the prem now who would go that is better suited to play with players playing tge styles of us, chelsea and spurs who many of our better footballing players are playing for england (Ali, sterling, walker etc)

I would love to see some balls from england and take winks, brown, palmer even foden, bit it won't happen under southgate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.