Gary Lineker Interviews Pep | BBC 2 at 22:00

I don't know. Worried because I feel like he's only here for the short term. And then what? Look at Bayern and Barca after Pep!

He seems like such a classy fella, but he always implies that we are a small club. He's done it a few times, and again tonight. 'A big club like Manchester City want to be. . .'
You could change your name to 'depressing blue' and everyone would know it was you.

Brilliant interview. I mentioned yesterday that I get the feeling that Pep is here for the long term & his answer to Linekar in respect to how long he'll be here adds to that feeling.

I loved the way Pep paused when Linekar said to him 'Manchester City have to win a trophy this year, don't they?' That pause to me meant that this season is about progression with a view to the long term, not just about winning a trophy or title by any means because we've spent £200m+. Pep also straightened Lineker up on his maths, when he said, 'But we also sold players too'.

What a refreshing change it is to have a manager who is so switched on and resolute about how we must play as a team & progress as a club. I'd love nothing more than Pep being here to create a Manchester City dynasty. No other league will test his credentials the way the PL will & if he can do that in this league, with this club, his legend status will be confirmed.
I didn't get that fuzzy feeling of "long term" - hope you're right.

I didn't get that fuzzy feeling of "long term" - hope you're right.
It's a culmination of other quotes he's made, like City being 10 years behind the European elite clubs, so it a big project to change everything to get us to that point.

He's not come out & said anything specific, but added together, it's always made me think that his thought processes are way beyond his 3 year contract.

Nothing special about this interview. Obviously it's always nice to hear Pep talk, but the questions were so very obvious it brought nothing new. Annoying thing was how Gary Lineker did his best from the moment they shook hands to be Peps' best buddy instead of trying to come up with original questions. Than again this is so typical Gary Lineker in his role for BBC.

It's a culmination of other quotes he's made, like City being 10 years behind the European elite clubs, so it a big project to change everything to get us to that point.

He's not come out & said anything specific, but added together, it's always made me think that his thought processes are way beyond his 3 year contract.
So hope that's the case.
Cheers.

I personally feel Pep has an agreement with the owners that he will stay until we win the CL. Not sure why, probably based mucho on fantasy but tie ins with Girona and the sheik providing money for that might be part of it. Other reasons too, the type of players he is buying, would players who came here because of him really come if he is here for just 3 years? I beleive he is telling them he is here long term.

Personally I think Pep wants to do to City what Cruyff did for Barca, well thats my dream.
I think there's a chance of this. But they're all realists. If we end the season without a trophy, it's hard to see him staying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.