Gary Moore

blue44

Team supported
St Marks West Gorton
Six years ago he left us

the greatest most emotional guitarist that ever graced this earth,and to think he was left handed but learned to play right handed,makes him all the more remarkable.

4 April 1952 - 6 February 2011

Getting pissed in remembrance to my all time hero on this sad day,RIP fella

Remembered this day, and everyday

My brother used to knock about with him in his younger days,he lived just a few streets away from us in east Belfast close to stormont ,and a funny oddity years later when my mrs used to take my mum shopping they sometimes bumped into Gary's aunt whom my mum knew and would give her a lift home she always used to buy a copy of kerrang magazine to see if Gary was featuring in it..

My brother used to knock about with him in his younger days,he lived just a few streets away from us in east Belfast close to stormont ,and a funny oddity years later when my mrs used to take my mum shopping they sometimes bumped into Gary's aunt whom my mum knew and would give her a lift home she always used to buy a copy of kerrang magazine to see if Gary was featuring in it..
That's a nice story about Gary,cheers for that ! there is a biography in the pipeline apparently abut Mr Moore,i really hope it gets printed.He just seemed so down to earth and very humble,but by god he could play. His song " business as usual " is his own biography mentioning stories from his youth in Belfast etc,its an amazingly honest innocent song with of course the obligatory stunning guitar solos !

That's a nice story about Gary,cheers for that ! there is a biography in the pipeline apparently abut Mr Moore,i really hope it gets printed.He just seemed so down to earth and very humble,but by god he could play. His song " business as usual " is his own biography mentioning stories from his youth in Belfast etc,its an amazingly honest innocent song with of course the obligatory stunning guitar solos !
He would surely be amongst the top ten guitarists of all time for me in my opinion,always remember what Ozzy osbourne said when talking about him (wasn't the nicest of things to say but that's Ozzy for you) after randy rhoades was killed in the airplane incident (oh and what a guitarist this lad was)he wanted to finish his American tour so obviously needed a guitarist and approached Moore but couldn't get him as he had other projects going on ozzy responded "that he may not have fitted in with the band as he had a face like a welders bench,but boy could he play a guitar...

He would surely be amongst the top ten guitarists of all time for me in my opinion,always remember what Ozzy osbourne said when talking about him (wasn't the nicest of things to say but that's Ozzy for you) after randy rhoades was killed in the airplane incident (oh and what a guitarist this lad was)he wanted to finish his American tour so obviously needed a guitarist and approached Moore but couldn't get him as he had other projects going on ozzy responded "that he may not have fitted in with the band as he had a face like a welders bench,but boy could he play a guitar...
Iv been playing the guitar since I was 14 ,now 52,trained classically and then rock etc,nobody ,I mean nobody comes close to Gary in my opinion,he's not top 10 he is the top,he could play anything.that quote abt ozzy,I heard the one from Clapton ( who iv never rated highly btw ) ,he said he'd never get on the same stage as Gary because he'd blow him away,i think that was around the time Gary played in BBM, (Ginger Baker Jack Bruce Gary Moore) basically Cream but with an outstanding guitarist in Moore.Gary's "blues for Jimi " sounds like Hendrix but better to me,if you close your eyes and didn't know you'd think it was an improved Hendrix,cant say higher of him that.

Criminally underrated due to his dirge 90's output.

Still Got The Blues is a fantastic song to listen to in the dark on vinyl. Beautiful. Haunting. Just lovely.

dirge 90's output ? I beg to differ..A Roy Buchannon original but here Gary takes it to another level

dirge 90's output ? I beg to differ..A Roy Buchannon original but here Gary takes it to another level

I have Corridors of Power on at the moment. Early 80's but it rocks. I know he loved the blues and it's music but Still Got the Blues, although very good, is really a bit samey and dated. I have it as I'm a fan, but it is a middle of the road record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.