Gary Neville-Valencia coach - SACKED!

245g9jc.jpg

I always thought he was an excellent defender who read the game well at club and international level. Even as a pundit he seems to know what he's talking about. It just goes to show how difficult management is. Most last between 6 months to 2 years it seems.

Keane seemed a bit embarrassed to come back as a pundit and I think Neville will come back with his tail between his legs once he gets the boot/quits.

If I were a footballer who was articulate and understood the game I'd rather do punditry. It's a million times easier and the pay is just as good.

Either way he still has a fanny on his forehead

He hasn't half dived in at the deep end. As you say perhaps management isn't that easy as felt tip pens on a chart designating where players should be under certain circumstances and what they should do. The likes of Allardyce and Pulis don't display what I would regard with ultra intelligence, maybe there's something in their make up that's latent that means they accumulate highly paid jobs, that let's face it most of us would love to have.

He never should have left the comfy confines of the Sky sports studio. At least we know why Hanson never took up the managerial challenge. Far too easy to knock others and be an armchair expert. Rat boy's reputation is now in tatters, if he wasn't such a rat faced, shit tached rag I might feel sorry for him.

He never should have left the comfy confines of the Sky sports studio. At least we know why Hanson never took up the managerial challenge. Far too easy to knock others and be an armchair expert. Rat boy's reputation is now in tatters, if he wasn't such a rat faced, shit tached rag I might feel sorry for him.

Nah, Gary Neville's ego is fecking huge, he deserves this for thinking he was billy big bollocks because he can work a touch screen at sky.. if he was humble he'd have rejected Valencia as too big for him.

Shocking how defensive he is in press conferences.. he is a flop and should accept the criticism the Spaniards throw at him. He should be humbled now.. but I doubt it.

Being a pundit is a dream job for ex footballers.. easy money, less stress, get to travel the World watching great footie.. why do it Gary Neville!?

I'd do that if I was an ex footballer until the day I die. Carragher seems just as good as Neville was on Monday Night Football, and as articulate.. it is now Carra's Monday Nights so if Gary Neville comes back he has to accept the "banter" and mocking Carragher will no doubt give him.

If Gary Neville shown a bit of humbleness/humility in his press conferences I would feel sorry for him, but the fact he's going on the defensive all the time and refuses due to stubbornness makes me want him to fail, really really badly !!

He's lucky he got the job in the first place "jobs for the boys" because he was lucky enough to be mates with "friends in high places" the owner.. he should be walking into work and every press conference in Spain showing how grateful he is.

The whole thing about being a pundit is to state the obvious. Take a look at what happened and then pick out all the faults. It then makes them look good and knowledgeable but lets be honest, plenty of us with the technology they have at their disposal could do the same analysis.
Completely different to working on the field day in / day out as a coach and make things happen rather than, as I said, stating the obvious at half time and full time.
Why people even think pundits would make a good manager is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.