Gary Neville

Johnsonontheleft

I hated Neville when he was a player. A proper dirty c*** who hated City with a passion & got so many England caps because of who he played for.

When he joined Sky I complained, along with a load of other blues. I could not, and still cannot believe that Sky allow Neville to commentate on derbies and United-Liverpool games. In his first season with Sky he piled on the praise for us, but in such a way that it was clearly fake - he bent over backwards to make sure that he didn't come across as 'biased' and many United fans were unhappy with his assessment of them in that period, as he was not overly complimentary.

Everyone praised him as a result and declared that he was an excellent pundit. But now the bias is starting to seep through. He simply can't help himself. This season there has been a marked increase in snide comments about City from him. Don't get me wrong he still praises us (he has to), but it's comments like yesterday that show the bias - comments like Dzeko went down easily and the penalty was soft - it was a stonewall penalty yesterday and to question it having viewed a video replay was ridiculously biased.

Now, he is actually trying to influence real world results. He thinks with his clout (& let's not forget he is close to important people at the FA) he ca have a bearing on things. A prime example is his tweet this morning that Matic should not have been sent off against Burnley. Ignoring the tackle, that was the most blatant red card I have seen I football for a long long time. For Gary Neville to question that is totally, utterly biased & it's as if he wants to influence the FA's decision on the length of ban - which would ultimately make it harder for us to win the title.

Also listen to his United commentaries. The bias is really seeping through now, this c*** is showing his true colours because he now feels he is entrenched enough to let his guard down.

Him and Souness are the two best pundits out there, by a distance. Also have a lot of time for the likes of Danny Murphy, Don Goodman, Peter Beagrie, even Carragher (if it wasn't for that bloody accent!).Compare any of the above to the two wankers on MOTD last night, or anyone on ITV, or "little Michael" Owen.

He's fully in the Mourinho camp, Never criticises him, constantly comes out and defends their players actions. Wrote a full on love letter to Diego Costa when he stamped on Can and Skrtel, now he's leading the charge to get Matic off. His commenatary has always been poor, but his commentary of our games alongside Martin Tyler are like listening to the commentary of a funeral. Hate the ****, always have.

As neville is a FA employee can the FA charge him when he is working as a pundit ?

I havent really notice much of a change in him to be honest, i read the other day that he said something along the lines that ex players and fans of the scum have to move on now from the fergie style of play and except turtleheads style of play. So read between the lines i dont think he likes utds long ball game and its his way of having a pop at the scum without saying it !

As for defending Matic you cant ! Bad tackle or not you cant do that if that had been park footy you would of had a mass punch up lol

Listening to him yesterday and his opinions change weekly. Dzeko went down easily and was only slightly touched, contrast that to his comments about Rugheads dive where he admitted that there was not any contact but he thought that he was going to get clattered. Then onto Nasri's goal, he queried the goal because Silva might have been offside, again contrast that to The Rug standing alongside the keeper and brilliantly swaying out of the way. Consistency is sadly lacking by the "pundits".

I find it staggering that anyone can complain if he shows signs of bias creeping in.

If I commentated on City i'd be a TV nightmare and want every opposition player sent off and appeal for a penalty for a throw in in our own half.

The fact he only manages to show flashes of bias shows his professionalism and whilst I hated him on the field, I can't knock his punditry.

Those complaining over a bit of bias at times need to stop being such precious fuckers and imagine themselves in the same circumstances.

markbmcfc said:
I find it staggering that anyone can complain if he shows signs of bias creeping in.

If I commentated on City i'd be a TV nightmare and want every opposition player sent off and appeal for a penalty for a throw in in our own half.

The fact he only manages to show flashes of bias shows his professionalism and whilst I hated him on the field, I can't knock his punditry.

Those complaining over a bit of bias at times need to stop being such precious fuckers and imagine themselves in the same circumstances.

This

I have noticed this season that he's reverted to type, any attempt to have a pop at City he does it, yet when United drew 1-1 after being battered by West Ham he was claiming it's the sign of a top class side etc etc.

The fact he has now defended Costa and Matic for two counts of violent conduct shows me he's now unable to be impartial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.