General Election June 8th

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 18 Apr 2017.

?

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

1. Conservatives

189 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Labour

366 vote(s)
    55.8%
  3. Liberal Democrats

37 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. SNP

8 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. UKIP

23 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Other

33 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    *ahem* I've tried to advocate a boycott of that particular rag on several occasions. Also, it hasn't been a political paper in any way, shape or form since the 70s.

2. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

'Rag' is an apt description, however, the Mirror has always been a staunch Labour advocate and still is.
    Nothing wrong with that, or the Guardian, my point is that it's tedious in the extreme when people assume
    everyone's political views are solely based on these sources.

3. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

The original post was about Health and you've provided figures for benefits. Here's my source for the shortfall in health spending: https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2...nding-compare-health-spending-internationally

4. GFBlue

GFBlue

Lol!

5. GFBlue

GFBlue

I'm 55 have worked in Defence for 30+ years and I would back nuclear disarmament tomorrow. It is a gross waste of taxpayers money!

6. idahoblues

idahoblues

Seems like pretty sorry times everywhere

7. Helmet Cole

Helmet Cole

Same here, thanks for adding the poll.

8. inbetween

inbetween

But regardless, the CEO is responsible for a company that might employ thousands of people. Why shouldn't he be allowed to buy a villa or whatever else? If you won the lottery, should we impose 90% tax because you clearly don't deserve it?

How do you know the CEO is not spending his money here, buying a house here, running a business propping up thousands of jobs? The CEO of my last company sat 10 desks away and was a top bloke who did more than enough to invest in staff and run the company best. Who am I to say he should pay more tax, not buy his villa etc?

I don't tell people not earning a lot whether they should be allowed to buy TV's they can barely afford, have pets, have children etc? Maybe if we are prepared to tell executives what they can and can't do maybe we should be doing the same to poor people who could be poor because they are making poor choices?

9. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

I'm afraid that you and the other half dozen or so who believe in unilateral disarmament may have some
    difficulty using Jezza as a conduit.

10. SWP's back

SWP's back

It was about health and education to be fair.

Also one would expect it to be dearer on the continent as they have more private cover. Your figures include private spending on health not just what is provided by the state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.