General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which claims are so untrue as to be funny mate?
Surely he would have been prosecuted for actually supporting the IRA or persecuting Jews? I believe both are illegal, so until it becomes a legal case I reserve my right to lol away at the parroting of exaggerated nonsense. Tbf though if Blair is still walking free it's perfectly conceivable that jezza has gassed Jews and bombed a Tory Party conference and got away with it.

“The Conservative party is an eternally irritating force for wrong that appeals exclusively to bigots, toffs, money-minded machine men, faded entertainers and selfish, grasping simpletons who were born with some essential part of their soul missing.” – Charlie Brooker

Surely he would have been prosecuted for actually supporting the IRA or persecuting Jews? I believe both are illegal, so until it becomes a legal case I reserve my right to lol away at the parroting of exaggerated nonsense. Tbf though if Blair is still walking free it's perfectly conceivable that jezza has gassed Jews and bombed a Tory Party conference and got away with it.
Supporting the IRA with political sympathy isn't illegal at all. Nor was it. Or Gerry Adams wouldn't have last two minutes.

The problems with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party are well known. It's also not illegal to be anti-Semitic.

But the other things mentioned you agree are true?

Some reading for you:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/jeremy-corbyn-should-not-be-allowed-to-rewrite-the-history-of-his-support-for-the-ira

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36676018

https://antisemitism.uk/jeremy-corbyn-and-antisemites/

Before you moan about the sources, read the on record quotes as well as the editorial.

Last edited:
“The Conservative party is an eternally irritating force for wrong that appeals exclusively to bigots, toffs, money-minded machine men, faded entertainers and selfish, grasping simpletons who were born with some essential part of their soul missing.” – Charlie Brooker

Doesn't sound unhinged at all.

I was unaware being sympathetic to the IRA was illegal. And if we are taking this route how come remoaners and the envious left consistently call brexiters or ukip racists? How can they be racist they haven't been arrested unless there are millions of cases in the pipeline.

If you're going to support balaclava jezza you will have to up your game I'm afraid.

I never understand these posts. Any particular reason why anyone should put more importance on what Charlie Brooker says as opposed to Irene from the local shop. Do you need celebs to reaffirm your view? If Russell Brand asked you jump in a fire would you?

Lib Dems for me. Almost certainly a wasted vote but I'm not prepared to vote Tory with their hardline approach to Brexit and whilst I might have voted tactically for Labour, not with Corbyn as leader.

I was unaware being sympathetic to the IRA was illegal. And if we are taking this route how come remoaners and the envious left consistently call brexiters or ukip racists? How can they be racist they haven't been arrested unless there are millions of cases in the pipeline.

If you're going to support balaclava jezza you will have to up your game I'm afraid.
What game do I have to 'up'? Where is the line between sympathy and support for a cause? It seems language is easily twisted.

Which claims are so untrue as to be funny mate?

Supported dialogue with the IRA, not them in a sense of agreeing with their actions, and believes that one day the prospect that Ireland will unify is an ok thing. Bit different than suporting them and nowt wrong with the idea of a united Ireland if it is the will of it's people.
This is the man that would get rid of our nuclear arms, - so would many and a nuclear free world is though not practical at present not a bad thing
Never mentioned destroying and shrinking to nothing our armed forces, but admits to being a pacifist.
Their is no proof of this anti semitic tag, pro palestinain and a critic of Isreal, that is not the same thing. Their is those who have been quoted to say heis and those quoted who say he isn't.
True as an internationalist he would welcome all to Britain no questions asked, and that's been as good and as bad for the country in different measures.
Abbott, pure racist, what a ridiculous statement, a gobshite yes who talks some right bollocks.

The statement is purely on all things fed to the public by the right wing media, I suggest any claiming to be a Labour voter not willing to vote for them remember you are not voting for corbyn, you are voting for a party, we don't have presidents here.

Sick of hearing, I wouldn't vote tory, but I will vote for may?? That's fucking crazy, the leader, though important is not the reason to vote one way of the other, parliamentry politics is about voting for a set of ideals held by a colective set of members in a party not a person.

Anyway it's.democracy vote for who you like, we are probably fucked either way

I never understand these posts. Any particular reason why anyone should put more importance on what Charlie Brooker says as opposed to Irene from the local shop. Do you need celebs to reaffirm your view? If Russell Brand asked you jump in a fire would you?
It's an arguement to authority. If a former blogger turned comedic TV critic is an authority at any rate.

But don't go too hard on Nico, so far when he's thought for himself rather than posting the musings of someone else he's labelled me a former rag and someone that's pro-Brexit.

I can see why he's posted so little in nearly ten years on here and we haven't missed much. He's yet to put forward a positive about the party he supports and has spent the whole time insulting the other party. With mods frequenting this thread and @Bill asking for posters to be polite, I don't expect him to lst much longer in the thread if he doesn't attempt civility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.