General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite selfish to take money off people who work for it because you don't want to or can't be arsed trying to get something better
if you are a Tory supporter you are again proving my point that those on welfare benefits are lazy and feckless, missing the point that only 1.1% of welfare payments go to people who are unemployed (705,000) and 26% goes to those who work but are paid such a low salary they need support (5,000,000). Even if all the 705,000 are lazy and feckless (very unlikely) then the vast majority are already can be arsed to try and get something better.
The rest of the welfare budget goes to the disabled, the old and those with children no matter what their income

if you are a Tory supporter you are again proving my point that those on welfare benefits are lazy and feckless, missing the point that only 1.1% of welfare payments go to people who are unemployed (705,000) and 26% goes to those who work but are paid such a low salary they need support (5,000,000). Even if all the 705,000 are lazy and feckless (very unlikely) then the vast majority are already can be arsed to try and get something better.
The rest of the welfare budget goes to the disabled, the old and those with children no matter what their income

I'm not a Tory supporter and my point still stands and I don't see the need to put disclaimers on every post as I give people credit for having some common sense

I thought the same when when I read his quotes today. Not sure he has the charisma and will to bare faced lie in the same manner though.

But stranger things have happened.
I don't know if its down to what he actually says or just a f*ck you, anti establishment vote, which depending on what you believe is what got brexit and trump over the line.
Brexit and trump were always close votes though, and unless the polls are way out labour have much more ground to make up. I don't think its outside the realms of possibility though for labour to run the Tories a lot closer than the polls suggest and reduce their majority. The very fact that May has called the election though suggests this is unlikely.

I'm not a Tory supporter and my point still stands and I don't see the need to put disclaimers on every post as I give people credit for having some common sense

how does your point stand?
it applies to such a small number of people its shouldnt be part of the debate

because repeated restating that those on welfare are lazy and feckless (in whatever word form) is just incorrect by any measure. there are some but its a tiny proportion and accounts for less than 1% of the welfare spend.

how does your point stand?
it applies to such a small number of people its shouldnt be part of the debate
I think you owe hilts an answer to his facts instead of just accusing him of being a cliche ridden idiot with no actual point. It looks like you are just using deflection to stifle debate and make him look a twat.

I'm voting Labour because if rumours are true we're having a decent MP here.

If that wasn't an issue I'd vote Tory because I think they'd get us a better deal from Brussels.

My prediction is that the Tories will storm the election in a landslide.

I also haven't been right about an election since about 2001.

It's quite selfish to take money off people who work for it because you don't want to or can't be arsed trying to get something better

For me this has always been the big misconception that many have - that success is directly proportional to work. That just isn't true by any metric at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.