General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Without doubt, that is the most pressing issue facing the UK over the next five years.

From my selfish perspective, the legalisation of cannabis in the UK is of high priority. It has done wonders for my learning difficulties and mental health problems in the past.

You have no idea what I do and do not understand.

The point is not to what degree this is technically possible (we might not be able to eliminate it, but we could make it "more difficult" as the quote suggests). It is that the Tory's aspirations are perfectly reasonable in this respect, whereas you chose to misquote them in order to try to suggest they were going to do something completely unreasonable. Given the rest of your posts on this thread, that's not surprising I guess.

I have every idea what you understand because you're displaying it.

This is in no way possible, reasonable, or achievable. Anybody who thinks it is is either lying or 100% does not understand this issue.

Starting to get interesting this from an 'outsiders' perspective.
I'm in no way suggesting the Tories won't get back in but there seems to be an acknowledgement from their support that May is running an awful campaign.
I'd be interested to know if Corbyn's social media campaign to get the youth to register is having a impact and if enough conservative voters will stay at home due to apathy with a weak conservative campaign.
I have to say that any 'leftish' Lib Dem types should really be looking at Labour now as they look more and more irrelevant.
I still reckon that enough working class former UKIP voters will
still go to the Tories to comfortably get them over the line.

I have every idea what you understand because you're displaying it.

This is in no way possible, reasonable, or achievable. Anybody who thinks it is is either lying or 100% does not understand this issue.

Total rubbish. But as I say, this is about your trying to paint the Tories is as bad a light as possible, irrespective of what has been said or proposed. Not about my knowledge of ISP filtering and content blocking.

Your selective memory recalls a few bad instances as the whole of a decade. There wasn't rubbish lying around the streets for 10 years the 3 day week was about 3 months in 1974 and I recall the blackouts were similar periods and the number of days lost to strikes doubled in 2012 compared with previous years - oh and the 70's were equally split 5 years each Tory and Labour govts but keep peddling the propaganda eh? How old were you in the 70's? I ask because I was 10 to 20 so lived through them and experienced them 1st hand not via Wikipedia and what the telegraph says
I was 13 - 23 and I remember the strength of the unions - and I also remember being called out on strike for utterly pathetic reasons - I would not want any return to those days.

And this is the government that doesn't appear to understand the concept of end-to-end encryption.

That's also not the point. The aims are it would seem, to make it more difficult for children to access inappropriate material. The manifesto doesn't say to make it impossible, merely that there should be more difficult. Like the rather feeble attempts at stopping people accessing torrent sites. It may be easy to get around, but they've put at least some obstacles in place.

Anyway, as I say, it's not the point. Personally I think it's a stupid idea for the reasons Damocles suggests. I just think his deliberately changing the Tories' quote (missing out the word "children") to suit his political agenda was not on, and that's what I hauled him up over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.