General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not filled with bile or hate. I'm a lovely fella. Ask anybody. :)

Well I think so, mate. Even if no other cnut does.

2it0yg2.jpg

:(

WYSIWYG. The Beast of Bolsover is the only one of that lot that I like.
Search "wank stain" on the thread.

Was an in-joke. Someone called him one earlier and loads jumped to his defence. So when I saw I saw his name....

The political equivalent of a shit bag on a train.

May was the one I was talking about as being untrustworthy (though I think it's been lost in that quotation as i was responding to an earlier question). And yes I know Corbyn is talking about hospitals etc I was more referring to the press and the voting public. Everyone's become so obsessed with Brexit that everything else is being left to go to shit. That said, I think it was absurd for Labour not even mention the B work once in their 10 election pledges yesterday when that's entirely what the election is about. I'm coming at this from a pro-Labour perspective (though I do find Corbyn massively frustrating and want him replaced as soon as all of this is over).
Len got confused and thought you were a Tory from you previous post that he replied to I think (though I'm not sure how).

I actually felt sorry for Jack Dromey on the Daily Politics. He was skewered by Neil who kept asking him to define who were the wealth extractors referred to by Corbyn and how could they be expected to suffer under Labour. "Wait for the manifesto" became his stock answer, as if the manifesto will contain a comprehensive list of Labour's target companies.

If Corbyn keeps speaking in student slogans and leaves it to the foot soldiers to take the flak, he might find it difficult to find MPs who are prepared to put themselves forward to rationalise his "policies".
'Wealth extractors,' what does this bollox mean, is Corbyn talking about Brinks Mat robbers or those old
blokes who robbed Hatton Garden? He is still wedded to student union style politics, ie; hate and despise anyone
who's had the temerity to earn a few quid and tax 'The Rich' as they'll not mind paying 83% tax, after all Labour introduced
the same scam in the late 60's, and it worked a treat then didn't it?
A clueless, bumbling weird beard, the type I thought we'd laughed out of court fucking donkey's years ago, although he'll surround
himself with his 400,000 odd media studies faithful, gather them around, launch into a tirade about 'Fairness', 'inequality' and
convince himself he's the one.
I think it was Jack Straw who threw this clowns hat into the ring when the leadership question came up, just to give 'Balance,'
in so doing he's made a once powerful political force a laughing stock.

I actually felt sorry for Jack Dromey on the Daily Politics. He was skewered by Neil who kept asking him to define who were the wealth extractors referred to by Corbyn and how could they be expected to suffer under Labour. "Wait for the manifesto" became his stock answer, as if the manifesto will contain a comprehensive list of Labour's target companies.

If Corbyn keeps speaking in student slogans and leaves it to the foot soldiers to take the flak, he might find it difficult to find MPs who are prepared to put themselves forward to rationalise his "policies".

I do like Andrew Neil and the Labour bloke on there really had nowhere to go. He mentioned the obvious ones Philip Green and Sports direct but would not be drawn on M&S, Bill Gates and Tesco, amongst others

If Corbyn is going to talk in soundbites, he needs to word his members up as to how to answer when asked specifics.

Preaching to the converted about 'wealth extractors' might get applause in a room but, unless it has any substance, won't really get off the ground. Like most of Corbyn' ideas, probably sounds good on the face of it but in the real world, it takes more work, political know-how and public support than they have at the moment

I think people are reading way too much in to this election.

I personally think it will be quite a boring campaign on all fronts given the short notice and it’s primarily centred around Brexit policy and not policy related to other national issues. During the election campaign in 2015 nobody knew the UK would be leaving the EU and as a result had no Brexit policy in their manifesto. If May avoided the snap election then Brexit would be painful with the EU bureaucrats claiming at every opportunity that May doesn’t have the backing of her country as she hasn’t won an election. (Although she was elected as an MP and was then elected to be leader..). The House of Lords would also make it difficult to pass any Brexit related law as none of it was in the parties’ manifesto. If the tories gain a further majority in the Commons after this election then the law making process for Brexit policy will be a lot smoother on the Lord’s side.

I agree to a large part, however I would be dissapointed if , as this is a general election, the parties didn't broaden the discussion. This for me is one reason why I don't favour televised debates. Any televised debate will consist of a lot of completely irrelevant posturing regarding Brexit as we can all say what we would like, but until the guys on the other side reveal their hand it doesn't mean a lot. The other thing that will feature will be lots of people asking why the PM why she lied, as opposed to changed her mind. None of this is helpful. I would prefer all parties discussed a broad spectrum of issues.

I do like Andrew Neil and the Labour bloke on there really had nowhere to go. He mentioned the obvious ones Philip Green and Sports direct but would not be drawn on M&S, Bill Gates and Tesco, amongst others

If Corbyn is going to talk in soundbites, he needs to word his members up as to how to answer when asked specifics.

Preaching to the converted about 'wealth extractors' might get applause in a room but, unless it has any substance, won't really get off the ground. Like most of Corbyn' ideas, probably sounds good on the face of it but in the real world, it takes more work, political know-how and public support than they have at the moment

Denis Healey once spoke about traipsing around with Michael Foot in 1983, going to these small gatherings of Labour supporters. He said that Foot was convinced that Labour win the election because of the strength of support he received at these meetings. Try as he did, Healey couldn't convince him that they didnt reflect the wider electorate.

'Wealth extractors,' what does this bollox mean, is Corbyn talking about Brinks Mat robbers or those old
blokes who robbed Hatton Garden? He is still wedded to student union style politics, ie; hate and despise anyone
who's had the temerity to earn a few quid and tax 'The Rich' as they'll not mind paying 83% tax, after all Labour introduced
the same scam in the late 60's, and it worked a treat then didn't it?
A clueless, bumbling weird beard, the type I thought we'd laughed out of court fucking donkey's years ago, although he'll surround
himself with his 400,000 odd media studies faithful, gather them around, launch into a tirade about 'Fairness', 'inequality' and
convince himself he's the one.
I think it was Jack Straw who threw this clowns hat into the ring when the leadership question came up, just to give 'Balance,'
in so doing he's made a once powerful political force a laughing stock.
Research "Panama papers" & it will give you a starting reference point.
Sadly HM Press Corps (or their owners) felt theft from the public purse not worth reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.