General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

I'd suggest that there's a pretty significant difference between supporting your country having armed forces and selling weapons to people who you know will use them for terrible things.

2. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

So ok for us to have armed forces, but not to manufacture or sell arms.
    I suppose we'd have to rely on others not too bothered who they sell them to for their supply, which is
    exactly the point I've been making.

3. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

If you think that one little thing can't make a difference try spending the night in a room with a mosquito :

Also 'our' Government has also been selling arms and 'tools used for crowd control' to the government of Venezuela. So we are aiding and abetting Moduro whilst the USA has just announced the possibility of military action against the Venezuelan Government .....and has been funding the rebels......... so that means USA v UK?

And has also signed a £100 million fighter jet deal with Erdogan of Turkey (The Guardian - 28/01) Don't you see the madness of the military complex?

4. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

The "we might as well sell them weapons as someone else will" argument is intellectually vacuous and morally repugnant.

5. Damocles

Damocles

I would sigh at the state of the ridiculous sensationalism and Hollywoodesque thought processes that have taken hold of you here but it's not even a new thing and not even a you thing

6. Damocles

Damocles

Might as well rape that woman, somebody will. Might have well murder that guy, somebody will. Might as well commit that genocide, somebody will.

You see crime and immorality exists so we should continue to commit crime lest we miss out on the benefits of crime.

7. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

You should read the comment above to worsleywebs post it fits very well to your reply on this

8. i kne albert davy

i kne albert davy

Pretty flippant reply to be honest mate does raping that woman keep thousands of men in well paid jobs no it doesn't neither doe's murdering anybody. What a defence industry doe's is give people skilled jobs it's important to keep the ability to manufacture just on the off chance, strangely enough its not always possible to buy from abroad all the time.

9. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    A man who refuses to condemn the Ira is evil in my opinion. And a man who would spend money we can't afford and is dangerously left wing would absolutely be a danger to our conuntry. Nothing Hollywood about that.

10. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

Conuntry

Under the Tory scum how appropriate.