General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    Another convenient myth promoted by the left.

What it actually should read is that drinkers 9 and 10 have some of their money offshore in the Cayman Islands, enabling them to only pay 1000x more tax than the other drinkers.

The idea that someone like say Mike Ashley pays less tax - less actual £20 pound notes - than Len Rum, is frankly completely impossible, isn't it. Conceivably such people pay less than they otherwise might. But less on an absolute scale? Utter nonsense.

2. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That's right, man; I got in
    I've been out for a drink with that lot and they're all boring ****s.

3. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Thank you for bringing my name into the debate, mate ( nice line in poetry there don't you think?).
    As for your last paragraph, that could be used as a teaching aid in schools and universities as an example of bad English.

4. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    What are you wittering on about Len?

Not up to the finest Queen's English you usually display?

Last edited: 11 Oct 2017
  5. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Thought Jezza did a number on Mavis in PMQs on universal credit.
    People now waiting for six weeks or more for their first payment in the change over from the old to new system.
    Absolute disgrace when many of these people live on a financial ' hand to mouth' basis.
    Also Jezz scored a big hit when he brought up the cost of 55p per minute for claimants calling the DWP for help,assistance,queries etc. Such an issue is outside the experience of the rich Tories and May was unable to reply.
    Bercow then played a blinder by allowing a further universal credit question straight after Jezz to Heidi Allen who is one of a significant number of Tories who are not happy with the new system, thus further embarrassing Mavis.
    Nice.

6. inbetween

inbetween

Labour irony today, total morons. Calling for more help and an intervention for BAE employees whilst at the same time if they came into power the reality would be 20,000 getting their P45's. Not a single word from Corbyn or his loony gang of clowns...

7. blue cigar

blue cigar

And they dispute the "nasty party" tag! I really hope may sticks it out as leader because Jeremy will be the next PM. Great days ahead once he starts to renationalise. How can a tory mp vote to remove a £30 per week disability allowance and sit on their hands and do nothing about charging people on the breadline 55p a minute to enquire about universal credit? I was told today that jeremy hunt recently included an expense item of 36p in a claim! Thats the multi millionaire jeremy hunt...strong and stable

8. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    which sums all politicians up............. they talk about people in their constituency..... they talk of understanding.... they are in a fucking privileged bubble

9. Vic

Vic

Does that make any sense at all?

10. Vic

Vic

I want to know why that rich bastard has so much money. By underpaying the rest who work for him?