General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

How the world has changed, this is Roy Hattersley banging on about the threat of Momentum and calling out for moderates to unite blah, blah.....

This is Labour’s greatest crisis. Time to fight back...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...sis-time-to-fight-back-momentum-jeremy-corbyn

But Hattersley was Secretary of State for Prices and Consumer Protection, which for many in here is as close to Trotskyism as one can imagine.

Funny, the likes of Hattersley were always super sensitive to the slightest nudge to the left but completely oblivious to huge leaps to the right.

2. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Oh yes, accusations of anti-Semitism, the price one pays for supporting an independent Palestine.

3. urban genie

urban genie

Hattersley was always a gobshite and should have fucked off to the SDP with Jenkins.

4. KS55

KS55

No. I support Palestine. It is the price you pay for sending disgusting messages. Your answer is a perfect example of avoiding the truth.

5. urban genie

urban genie

I am sure we can all agree that jeremy hunt is a twat (watching him on peston now annoying ****)

6. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

The truth being that the left is root and branch and to the core anti-Semitic, that there is something fundamentally anti-Semitic about the left, ingrained in its ideology, to be left leaning is synonymous with anti-Semitism.

7. KS55

KS55

OK, not obsessed. Focused on ? My examples were just that. Plenty from other parties. Munich was a tory effort.
    What interests me is politicians claiming the moral high ground rather than arguing the politics. Its a way of avoiding hard issues and tries to silence other voices. So fumble pretends the charge of anti semitism is a cover for something else. He had better talk to Jon Landesman, a Jew and founder of Momentum, who is clear that it exists within his own organisation.

8. KS55

KS55

Oh Dear!

9. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Yes, he should have, but he fails to understand that the relentless drift to the right makes him look like a dangerous radical to Thatcher's children.

10. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Oh dear indeed.