General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. KS55

KS55

You really should not put words in people's mouths. It is childish, dishonest, and not worthy of serious debate.

2. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

I've been in the Labour party all my life and never observed any anti-Semitism, so you need to be a bit more specific, is it a few bad apples or symptomatic of something ingrained in the party? If it is symptomatic of some deeper malaise then what is it? And if you can't or won't identify this malaise then it's more right wing mischief, move on nothing to see.

3. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    Blair hijacked the Labour party and created New Labour - a right leaning shadow of the party which he used to get elected to Parliament in the first place. What he did was the same as what Militant was trying to do on the hard left of the party prior to him. Neither were core central Labour and were piggybacking on the back of an existing party because they were both aware that New Labour or Militant as a stand alone concept, a party coming from a standing start had no chance of success. Labour dropped the " New" like a hot potato as soon as possible because whilst Blair may have sated the thirst for power for some in the party his " brand " was and remains as toxic as ever. I would say that even today he is reviled in the Labour party as much as Thatcher. He is most respected by those on the right who can't bring themselves to jump camp and vote for either Labour or Conservative - he was the ultimate cross over candidate, a snake oil salesman.

4. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

What is it with you? You obsess about effect and I ask for cause and you get all hissy fit.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2017
  5. KS55

KS55

1.Ask Jon Landesman.
    2. No hissy fit, just challenging your intellectual dishonesty.

6. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

1. Jon Landesman's not here, you are, you made the assertion.
    2. What's dishonest about asking why you think the Labour Party is anti-Semitic?

7. KS55

KS55

1. See today's Labour List.. see Jonathan Freedman in the Guardian 27 September. Hardly right wing mischief makers. Both available on line. Google Anti semitism in the Labour movement to see many other examples.
    2 What's dishonest is that you are a member of the party, pretending not to know of these events.

8. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

I know about the right wing media and I know about Zionism and I know about manufactured outrage and that's all I'm ever going to know, as you seem to be reluctant to enlighten me.

Is this a new thing that old farts like me have missed? Someone makes an assertion, they are asked to justify it and they think an adequate response is Google it!

9. KS55

KS55

Now youre being silly, I have given you 2 references. I dont have to copy or write them out for you .In the first one Landesman himself says they have problem; in the second you would find criticism of people's denial. Grow up. OUT.

If you are a member, how come you missed the events at the conference, widely reported anti semitic shouts from the floor.?

10. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

How many shouts real or alleged makes a Party anti-Semitic? One? Ten? Twenty? And what constitutes an anti-Semitic shout? And who was it? And Landesman says there's a problem, but there was a Party investigation about this and it came to the conclusion there was no problem, so there's been a cover up? How can this be? And is it coincidental that Labour has Corbyn as leader and suddenly Labour is anti-Semitic?

I have to smile, we support a club owned by a company owned by an oligarchy that doesn't even recognise the State of Israel but you're happy to peddle right wing BS about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party! Wake up, it has no foundation, it's just Zionist mischief.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2017