General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Did anyone see the excruciatingly embarrassing situation for Mavis at PMQs?
    In her final reply to Jezz ( when she is in her 'comfort zone' and always builds up to a predictable, scripted and well rehearsed attack on Labour) she decided to refer to Blairite Angela Rayner's recent criticism of Jezza's economic policy. Rayner had also recently criticised May for being weak in not acting to remove Toby Young from his post. Mave had obviously decided to embarrass Labour and get her own back on Rayner but then made a fatal error, she noticed that Rayner wasn't present in the House and decided to ad lib and make a point of Rayner not bothering to turn up before slagging off both her and Labour as part of a glorious finale to her speech.Unfortunately for the Mave word then got through to her that Rayner was in fact in hospital having an operation and poor old Maggie Mave had to grovel and apologise unreservedly which totally took the wind out her planned finale ( in which a weak joke had also been included) with the Tory sheep behind her looking on in total embarrassment and silence.
    In the case of Mavis, you could make it up Jeff.

2. 1.618034

I exist on the best terms I can.
    You do realise that Jonathan Pie is a character...

3. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Tim Farron putting the final nail in the LibDem coffin.
    Quoted on Christian Radio as saying that during last year's general election he regrets stating he did not believe gay sex was a sin.

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Pro remain will ensure they are elected at the next GE surely as the majority demands we stay in the EU? ;-)

5. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    Funnily enough, general elections tend to be about more than 1 issue. The monster raving loony party might have got in otherwise.

6. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    So remaining isnt the be all and end all then? ;-)

7. hilts

hilts

You know quite well that brexit is in fact total Armageddon and over half the country is in total despair. Once the crying stops and people have the will to come out from under their duvets watch the Lib Dem’s surge in the polls.

That or a couple of posters live in a remainer bubble and are a little obsessed.

8. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    No of course it isn't. Just hugely better than screwing the economy for the next 20 years. Interesting to hear on the news just now about strong worldwide growth, in the US, APAC, Europe etc, and although our growth is "stable" - which is better than expected - we are 'the laggards". Pre-Brexit, we were leaders not laggards.

9. Damocles

Damocles

Yes. I also understand that there is a person behind that character who I'm able to draw conclusions upon

10. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Yeah, I do the same with Alan Partridge.