General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Damocles, 21 Jun 2017.

1. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Having friends like Paul Dacre and Rupert Murdoch allow her to cling onto power.

Other countries people have taken to the streets and diposed leaders for less.

2. urban genie

urban genie

5p bags on self check outs never get paid for anyway.

3. hilts

hilts

Has sod all to do with Murdoch it’s a lazy argument. It’s apathy, self interest and a lack of a viable alternative that has allowed them in. Anyone who voted Tory or Labour in recent elections have got what they deserved.

4. BJL_City

BJL_City

Nope, but then again internationally humanity is pretty woeful.

5. Ricster

Ricster

How can a background check not be done on someone?
    Maybe Maybot didn't deliberately lose these ones in time.

6. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    UKIP have suspended Henry Bolton's girlfriend after she had a full on racist attack on Meghan Markle saying she would "taint" the Royal family, that she ( Markle ) has a small brain and branding black people as "ugly". When she was challenged that her posts were racist she answered " so what? I don't want other races invading my culture"

She has taken the posts down and claims they were taken out of context.???

This along with the Shaktar Donetsk post on black players training and the H&M South Africa "monkey" hoodie controversy you do wonder how far things have really come?

7. Damocles

Damocles

That was pathetic and a good example of how much of a wrong turn society has taken here.

A hoodie saying "Coolest Monkey In The Jungle" was modelled by a black kid so a bunch of people cried racist. Because he was black. And black people were called monkeys. Therefore EVERY SINGLE TIME the word monkey appears with ANY ASSOCIATION AT ALL with a black person then it's racist.

Quite frankly, these people are thick as fuck and don't understand that racism requires an understanding of nuance and context rather than a collection of letters.

I don't often say that but I mean it. Every single person offended by that hoodie is thick as shit and unable to process thoughts logically.

8. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

No worse than the daily mail reporter who said that 'she had niggling concerns about the forthcoming royal marriage'

9. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

For starters perhaps the black population of South Africa - who are aware of what segregation, insult and abuse based purely on race took exception of a person from their race being referred to as a "monkey" could take offence. Are they all thick as shit for doing so?

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

oh sorry my mistake its ok what she said then?