General UFC thread

I can't understand why people are so against a man fighting 2 or 3 divisions above his weight class and winning!

I think Conor McG has TREMENDOUS self belief, to a level people can't understand. He bugged me, at first, but I understand where he's at now.

I get it.

He could have knocked Diaz out, really, but he was still finding his way in his strategy.

Clearly, he doesn't abandon what the plan is, like a lot of fighters would have!

I respect that about him.

Conor has proved me wrong. Thought the weight was too much against the bigger man but Conor preformed and stuck to the plan and won it well. As he has said he is in it for the money so whatever the next fight is I expect Conor to make a shit load of money for himself. Is it weird I would rather Conor not fight Aldo maybe a fight with Eddie Alvarez would be a good 1 to have next. Then a summer showdown in Croke Park against Nate Diaz or Jose Aldo would be great and would be huge and break all the records.

I really love Conor, but I still felt that way into round 5! I was sure at one point that despite being ahead on points, Nate was going to get a takedown and win it that way.
yeah true took some balls to fight at that weight again against Nate but the risk paid off in the end. He is earning every cent he gets fighting and never fails with the numbers too.

I really love Conor, but I still felt that way into round 5! I was sure at one point that despite being ahead on points, Nate was going to get a takedown and win it that way.

Clearly the 'weight' and 'bigger man' theory was a bit shit, considering 'black belt ju jitsu expert' and 'excellent wrestler' couldn't budge Conor by strength. It took a trip in the last 20 secs!

As I've said before Diaz is all hype.

Coming down to McG's preferred weight class should see him get KO'd for sure.

Hate the pair of sh*thouse brothers.

Clearly the 'weight' and 'bigger man' theory was a bit shit, considering 'black belt ju jitsu expert' and 'excellent wrestler' couldn't budge Conor by strength. It took a trip in the last 20 secs!

I don't know if hype is the right word but they do lose quite a lot.

I guess their style is fan friendly and never boring. I find them uneducated rednecks personally.

I'm glad Connor shut a lot of people. He can be annoying but he's changing the sport for the better.

Conor has proved me wrong. Thought the weight was too much against the bigger man but Conor preformed and stuck to the plan and won it well. As he has said he is in it for the money so whatever the next fight is I expect Conor to make a shit load of money for himself. Is it weird I would rather Conor not fight Aldo maybe a fight with Eddie Alvarez would be a good 1 to have next. Then a summer showdown in Croke Park against Nate Diaz or Jose Aldo would be great and would be huge and break all the records.

You're right he has the options of Aldo, Alvarez or Diaz. The money fight is the 3rd Diaz match.

He's hinting towards fights out of MMA and I expect talk of Mayweather or Khan but this will just be to get a bigger contract out of the UFC and I don't blame him.

Diaz has fought his entire career at 155...Conor fluttered between 145 & 155. It's both their preffered weight.

You're right he has the options of Aldo, Alvarez or Diaz. The money fight is the 3rd Diaz match.

He's hinting towards fights out of MMA and I expect talk of Mayweather or Khan but this will just be to get a bigger contract out of the UFC and I don't blame him.

A fight with Khan I dont see it with Mayweather they could do it and it could well break all sorts of box office numbers ever. Conor fighting Money in a boxing fight would be good but Conor will get beaten by the best techincal fighter of all time no bad loss really. But he got a contract with UFC and it might be harder to get out of. Oh i wouldnt be shocked were he ends up if he aint getting what he thinks he deserves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.