General UFC thread

He's got some skills and is an exciting fighter, but not a lot of experience so has to work his way up.
There is a school of thought that's he is given extra promotional push unfairly cos Dana, Serra and co 'discovered' him on Dana White looking for a fight, at the expense of other more time served fighters.

Basically there are quite a lot of fans that hate Dana and anything he says, does, or likes, personally I fucking love the guy, sport wouldn't be the same without him

He's got some skills and is an exciting fighter, but not a lot of experience so has to work his way up.
There is a school of thought that's he is given extra promotional push unfairly cos Dana, Serra and co 'discovered' him on Dana White looking for a fight, at the expense of other more time served fighters.

Basically there are quite a lot of fans that hate Dana and anything he says, does, or likes, personally I fucking love the guy, sport wouldn't be the same without him

Gotcha, so a bit like Vince McMahn is the bad guy in wwe as the boss but real?

Thanks Bigga, i could not ask for a more concise answer if i tried :-) i did see some promo stuff showing just that (the all american boy). Well that is the difference if his chin is tough but he has not got the bottle for it. As i get it Cormier has a chin like fucking granite and does not give a toss if his face gets smashed in as long as he gets to grab hold of the fucker and pound him to death. Yeah you gotta have ultimate desire in that game, if your arsed about getting fucked up you are already fighting with one arm tied behind your back.

Cormier's really interesting to me.

I've watched his fights in the past and sure he can take a punch, but would rather wrestle and smother his opponent, which tells me he doesn't have any punching technique, whatsoever, just throws punches as part of the greater strategy of his ground game. Against Jon Jones, the last time, you could see the belief drain from him when he couldn't out-wrestle Jones.

I thought it was just my imagination, but he confirmed my thoughts from 2 years ago, that he was 'nervous' about the fight as it was for a title. Jones pointed out that this was a guy that has fought at the top level in America and the Olympics and yet Jones made him nervous!

It didn't ring right to me, either!!

I think DC's main problem is convincing himself being a fantastic competitor can and should be enough, but it's not to him.

How can he compete with his own demons...??

Cormier's really interesting to me.

I've watched his fights in the past and sure he can take a punch, but would rather wrestle and smother his opponent, which tells me he doesn't have any punching technique, whatsoever, just throws punches as part of the greater strategy of his ground game. Against Jon Jones, the last time, you could see the belief drain from him when he couldn't out-wrestle Jones.

I thought it was just my imagination, but he confirmed my thoughts from 2 years ago, that he was 'nervous' about the fight as it was for a title. Jones pointed out that this was a guy that has fought at the top level in America and the Olympics and yet Jones made him nervous!

It didn't ring right to me, either!!

I think DC's main problem is convincing himself being a fantastic competitor can and should be enough, but it's not to him.

How can he compete with his own demons...??

Great post, you know exactly what info i am digging for in general so cheers for that. He seems a well mannered chap so for that alone i like him a lot.

Only just found out the Bisping issue with that Dan Henderson who fucking killed him with that right hook. Turns out our lad was the cocky **** and fully deserved getting knocked out like that really didn't he, talked to much rubbish. Still he is world champ now right>

Great post, you know exactly what info i am digging for in general so cheers for that. He seems a well mannered chap so for that alone i like him a lot.

Only just found out the Bisping issue with that Dan Henderson who fucking killed him with that right hook. Turns out our lad was the cocky **** and fully deserved getting knocked out like that really didn't he, talked to much rubbish. Still he is world champ now right>

Bisping is fooking mouthy alright, but he'll fight you to the death by pure cardio!!

I'll give him that, even if his technique is crap! He just grinds and outpaces other fighters, like you wouldn't believe!!

He talk sh*t to get paid more, it's that simple!

Bisping is fooking mouthy alright, but he'll fight you to the death by pure cardio!!

I'll give him that, even if his technique is crap! He just grinds and outpaces other fighters, like you wouldn't believe!!

He talk sh*t to get paid more, it's that simple!

Ahh so he is putting a front on, fair enough it is a manly sport, a bit of chest puffing is no bad thing as long as you can back it up and he can. I would say his movement is rather predictable from what i have seen, a clever fighter with a punch like that Henderson will always be in with a shout i think with a Bisping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.