General UFC thread

McGregor jumped into the cage at a Bellator event in Dublin, shoved the ref Marc Goddard and slapped an official.

Anderson Silva has been flagged by USADA for doping.

Just another day in MMA...

Talking of 'doping'. did you hear that Jon Jones did blow as a celebration of his birthday 10 days before the Cormier fight. Rumour is it was tainted with creatine and steroids!

What does that mean re: Jones and how does it get proven either way??

Talking of 'doping'. did you hear that Jon Jones did blow as a celebration of his birthday 10 days before the Cormier fight. Rumour is it was tainted with creatine and steroids!

If true, he would still recieve a suspension. Just not as long. Although cocaine is a prrohibitive substace so maybe not.
A couple of people have had there bans reduced to 6 months by proving they took a tainted substance. Sean sherk and yoel romero are the 2 that spring to mind

I don’t know how cocaine/peds work but how the hell would cocaine be tainted with creatine and steroids? To me that just sounds like bs.

Rogan is one of the best, most knowledgeable commentators in sports IMO. He's fit for all audiences, and picks up on tiny details that the 'average' viewer won't notice, especially in the ground game.
Him and Goldie were perfect... weirdly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in UFC since Goldie left, his voice just added something extra to it for me.

Him and Goldie were perfect... weirdly, I’ve lost a lot of interest in UFC since Goldie left, his voice just added something extra to it for me.

I miss Goldberg so much. DC is ok, annik is terrible and worst of all Is the guy they have had on some fight nights who sounds like the guy off ground hog day when he steps in the puddle.
Cruz is terrible.
I just don't get why they binned Goldberg off, yeah he was a bit corny and didn't always exactly know what he was on about but it worked. Him and rogan are the sound of UFC

I miss Goldberg so much. DC is ok, annik is terrible and worst of all Is the guy they have had on some fight nights who sounds like the guy off ground hog day when he steps in the puddle.
Cruz is terrible.
I just don't get why they binned Goldberg off, yeah he was a bit corny and didn't always exactly know what he was on about but it worked. Him and rogan are the sound of UFC
Your last sentence summed it up nice, without him it just isn’t the same. Even with WWE, when King and JR were the commentators it was a million times better too. I’ll fore hate the UFC for binning Goldberg.

Nah, the commentary has upped its game because you have KNOWLEDGEABLE commentary that fills in the gaps for the layman. Even Jon Anik has some insight and tries to engage. But, he's the company man who gets sidelined when Rogan and Cormier get their groove on. I LOVE the laughing, the jokes and the japes.

It becomes fan talk rather than the professional bullsh*t.

You can hear in Rogan's participation that there's a newfound love for doing the commentary now. Sure, Goldberg is/ was his pal on the show, but it was a bit like SWP's Back talking to us about finance with Ric chiming in about adverts on Bluemoon. BUT, the game changes if SWP's Back talks that crap with Prestwich Blue giving us a better insight into different parts of the financial world... with Ric talking about adverts.

You don't mind so much then cos it's like a hum in the background.

Relax and enjoy every predicted positional attempt and explanation as to why things worked or didn't.

I love it.

Nah, the commentary has upped its game because you have KNOWLEDGEABLE commentary that fills in the gaps for the layman. Even Jon Anik has some insight and tries to engage. But, he's the company man who gets sidelined when Rogan and Cormier get their groove on. I LOVE the laughing, the jokes and the japes.

It becomes fan talk rather than the professional bullsh*t.

You can hear in Rogan's participation that there's a newfound love for doing the commentary now. Sure, Goldberg is/ was his pal on the show, but it was a bit like SWP's Back talking to us about finance with Ric chiming in about adverts on Bluemoon. BUT, the game changes if SWP's Back talks that crap with Prestwich Blue giving us a better insight into different parts of the financial world... with Ric talking about adverts.

You don't mind so much then cos it's like a hum in the background.

Relax and enjoy every predicted positional attempt and explanation as to why things worked or didn't.

I love it.
I understand what your saying but the casual fans like me have no interest in being told what's going on in every move to be honest. I watch it for entertainment and for me Goldberg added to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.