General Wrestling Thread

Mitchell is shockingly bad #callthematch. I don't care about what's trending.

There's a line between advertising and shoving it down people's throats and he does the latter, especially with the app. If it's not vintage, he doesn't seem to care.

It's sad to see the state King is in nowadays. JBL I can take or leave. Byron is the equivilant of a raffle winner who entered the wrong raffle.

Interesting to see how they play out Sting/Rollins. Will Sting go 0-2? But I can't see them taking the belt of Rollins let alone giving it to Sting. Sure to be a great match regardless.

I live in a world where Seth Rollins is the World Heavyweight Champion and the Vaudevillains hold titles. Good times.

The announce team needs a complete overhaul. Get rid of Cole , JBL and King its so dated and you need a frest look. The 3 guys dont work bring it back to the 2 guys be much more easier. If it was me I would be looking at someone new to do it. I would love Mick Foley or Ric Flair to do it. Add in a proper play by play type of comentator to the mix who will give it something different to what Cole does then you might get somewhere. There plugging everything. Let the announce team have free reign to call it whatever way they like but Vince aint going to do it. Let them get back to before the PG era but I would even be happy with a split of both. So who knows what they will do.

Just watched RAW. I don't follow wrestling news etc so what happened was a shock and brilliant in equal measure.

1. Great Heyman segment again. He really is the best on a mic.
2. Fuck me, The Dudleys. Never seen an audience cheer a comeback like that. Especially the 'table' bit.
3. Wyatt a beast! (See what I did there).
4. Flair. Nothing else to add.
5.Yes, I know it's not real.
6. Jon Stewart.
7.Even the big tag team thing was well done.
8. Sting! Though Rollins was class on the mic again.

Next weeks will be a let down.

Just watched RAW. I don't follow wrestling news etc so what happened was a shock and brilliant in equal measure.

1. Great Heyman segment again. He really is the best on a mic.
2. Fuck me, The Dudleys. Never seen an audience cheer a comeback like that. Especially the 'table' bit.
3. Wyatt a beast! (See what I did there).
4. Flair. Nothing else to add.
5.Yes, I know it's not real.
6. Jon Stewart.
7.Even the big tag team thing was well done.
8. Sting! Though Rollins was class on the mic again.

Next weeks will be a let down.

Bring back Tony Schiavone !!!

Such a legend.

Matt Striker was (and is on lucha underground) one of the best in recent memory. In not so recent commentators, jim ross did well, with striker, at wrestle Kingdom 9 from njpw back in Jan. The first Japanese show I've watched in full other than the odd match. With English commentary on a more regular basis it could become a real alternative to sports entertainment.

Jim cornette is one of the funniest and yet serious guys who talks about wrestling on YouTube.

"Ross had a fucking pout on him like a schoolgirl with a shiny new vibrator, left the building and we didn't see him for weeks" over an argument about t-shirt merch.

On Montreal;

'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka Charged With Murder In 1983 Death Of Girlfriend

WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, now 72, was arrested Tuesday morning in New Jersey and is being charged with the third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter of former girlfriend Nancy Argentino, who died in 1983.

Via The Morning Call:

“Snuka had been at a WWF taping at the Allentown Fairgrounds on May 10, 1983, and returned to his Whitehall Township motel room to find Argentino, of Brooklyn, gasping for air and oozing yellow fluid from her mouth and nose, records show.

Argentino was pronounced dead at Lehigh Valley Hospital the next day. An autopsy determined she died of traumatic brain injuries and she suffered more than two dozen cuts and bruises — a possible sign of “mate abuse” — on her head, ear, chin, arms, hands, back, buttocks, legs and feet.”

Snuka was never charged and went on to wrestle in the WWE and AWA into the 90s, and in 1996 was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Snuka continued to make sporadic appearances at WWE events, and his daughter, Tamina Snuka, is a current WWE Diva. Earlier this month, Snuka’s wife Carole revealed that Snuka is battling stomach cancer. Snuka was sent to Lehigh County Jail in Pennsylvania. According to Lehigh Valley Live, Lehigh Valley District Attorney Jim Martin “Snuka ‘was in the process of posting bail.'”

Caught some wrestling action on the box while flipping channel and saw this blue version of Goldust. I have always been a fan of Dustin Rhodes theatrics and his abilities and thought he was quite underrated. Glad to see his legacy which is arguably an acquired taste being acknowledged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.