George Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, citing Pogba as the level required simply to get a chance, is far too high a standard.

I’m not citing Pogba as the ‘level’. I said we have not had a Pogba situation and by that I mean we have not let anyone go or lost anyone and then almost instantly regretted it. We have let a lot of players go over the last 3/4 years – I can’t think of any gaps in our squad where we have needed one and where they would have played on merit. We could have kept Trippier but he would not be the player he is if he had carried on with us and we would have had a weaker defence if we had shunted Zab or Sagna to give him the constant game time he got at Bury (in a relegated defence). Suarez was not and still would not get in our team, same for Huws, same for Lopes, Pozo got in the team but didn’t do enough. The list goes on, it is often in everybody’s interest to let players go.

Nacho is a different story and hopefully Denayer will be a similar addition next year and Celina after that.

I’m not citing Pogba as the ‘level’. I said we have not had a Pogba situation and by that I mean we have not let anyone go or lost anyone and then almost instantly regretted it. We have let a lot of players go over the last 3/4 years – I can’t think of any gaps in our squad where we have needed one and where they would have played on merit. We could have kept Trippier but he would not be the player he is if he had carried on with us and we would have had a weaker defence if we had shunted Zab or Sagna to give him the constant game time he got at Bury (in a relegated defence). Suarez was not and still would not get in our team, same for Huws, same for Lopes, Pozo got in the team but didn’t do enough. The list goes on, it is often in everybody’s interest to let players go.

Nacho is a different story and hopefully Denayer will be a similar addition next year and Celina after that.

One thing I will say is that the players we have now are vastly better than the ones we had four years ago. That generation was nowt on the current ones.

sad to see a player like george evans leave , a blue through and through , an d been at the club since he was seven years old , so he was here when we were shit , good luck to the lad , hope he has a great career ,but if he does turn out to be the next Mike Doyle , i hope we have a buy back clause .

sad to see a player like george evans leave , a blue through and through , an d been at the club since he was seven years old , so he was here when we were shit , good luck to the lad , hope he has a great career ,but if he does turn out to be the next Mike Doyle , i hope we have a buy back clause .
Ahh, but was he at York away? And being 4 years old is no excuse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.