George Michael RIP

Michael Bolton?
Really? Well its all about personal opinions and I haven't listened to anything like as much as I have GM but... Joe Cocker, Rod Stewart (particularly early stuff) all good. But imo for vocal clarity, expression, soul and range, George is my favourite white soul singer. Give Elton John song 'tonight' a listen and tell me you are not impressed.

if we're talking white soul singers yeah agreed George Michael had a great voice but id say Daryl Hall is a better soul singer for me. steve marriott worth a mention too.

if we're talking white soul singers yeah agreed George Michael had a great voice but id say Daryl Hall is a better soul singer for me. steve marriott worth a mention too.
Steve Marriott was excellent. Roger chapman of family also v good.

I saw George on the last night of his European Tour for the Faith album at Earl's Court in London. Went on a lark, really. A bunch of us were in London and a few said we should go if there were tickets available so we did.

I didn't expect to enjoy it but walked out a fan. Poor bloke had fame and fortune, yet seemed like so many in that position had trouble finding true happiness.

Some mates and I were discussing his death and whilst it is macabre, Andrew Ridgeley will more than likely make out well from this for a few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.