George Osborne - MP / Adviser to Blackrock and Evening Standard Editor

It's a truly bizarre appointment.
Indeed it is as his previous journalistic experience was on the Peterborough diary column at The Telegraph, which is hardly incisive reporting. But then all he'll have to do is follow the owner's orders and ensure he doesn't upset the advertisers by printing anything that could be remotely conceived as negative towards them.

I had to laugh at Corbyn's comment though. (It's) yet another example of the establishment revolving door, a closely knit clique who are holding back the British people …" said the man who lives in Islington, has spiritually never moved out of the place and is surrounded by a clique of like-minded people from the same neck of the woods, destroying the Labour party.

Osborne earns his money and pays his taxes just like everyone else. His tax return last year showed an income of £198,738, putting him alongside the prime minister in the top rate of tax. Osborne’s tax bill was £72,210. So he paid £72k in.

How naive!

This Kunt owns 15% of the family business, a business that takes millions but hasn't paid a penny corporation tax for 7 years.

He's a tax avoiding Kunt.

while fellow Labour MP Paul Flynn criticised what he said was the "revolving door" between government and the private sector.

The more I read this the less sense it makes to me.

rAK0SMIW.jpg

I wouldn't do a job with half the work and twice the pay if it meant looking like that.

How naive!

This Kunt owns 15% of the family business, a business that takes millions but hasn't paid a penny corporation tax for 7 years.

He's a tax avoiding Kunt.

If so, then it hasn't made any profik. Like you didn't pay any tax on the money you didn't earn, either.

This is very much a political move from him imo and the give away was his little speech on how he will edit the paper for London and how he will defend London.

George was very much remain and lets face it, defeat cost him his dream job and we all know how London voted.

Expect nothing more that a pro EU/Anti government stance over the next 18 months during brexit negotiations and IF he thinks he can fuck May over he will with his eye on the ultimate prize still of one day becoming PM.

His local constituency party and/or Conservative central office will have to deselect him as an MP.
To have a four day job as editor of the paper, another day advising Blackrock and then claim you can still represent the interests of your constituents ( with all the financial benefits that accrues to him as an MP) is just taking the p*ss.
Ultimately this is a political move by Osborne to keep himself in the limelight and potentially embarrass May as editor of a pro EU London paper when Brexit starts to go wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.