Georgi Kinkladze

He is not saying silva got him off his backside more than kinkladze, he is correctly saying silva is a far better player than kinkladze, fuck me, Peter beagrie used to make me get off my seat doesn't make him any better does it, kinkladze was talented that's for sure but if he was as good as you say, the big boys would have signed him back then, they didn't which tells you something

You can only judge the guy on what he did at City and he was fantastic.

The comparison with Silva is also a bit unfair (not by you). Would Silva have done any better than Kinkladze in the lower leagues as the club went from one managerial crisis to another? I dont think so and I am also pretty sure unlike Kinkladze we would never have found out as he would have left pretty sharpish like the Quinns of this world.

As for he would have signed for a big club? I guess you were not around or too young to remember the 90s as there was no bigger club than Ajax at this time with the De Boers, Litmanens, Van Der Saars etc. Over the four previous seasons before he signed they had won 1 , reached a final and a semi-final of the Champs League. If that does not constitute a big club I do not know what does.

The comparison with Silva is also a bit unfair (not by you). Would Silva have done any better than Kinkladze in the lower leagues as the club went from one managerial crisis to another? I dont think so and I am also pretty sure unlike Kinkladze we would never have found out as he would have left pretty sharpish like the Quinns of this world.

As for he would have signed for a big club? I guess you were not around or too young to remember the 90s as there was no bigger club than Ajax at this time with the De Boers, Litmanens, Van Der Saars etc. Over the four previous seasons before he signed they had won 1 , reached a final and a semi-final of the Champs League. If that does not constitute a big club I do not know what does.
Oh I was around then mate, and some way before that, Ajax continually sold its star names, when the big guns, Milan clubs, barca, Madrid, etc etc came calling, look I'm not disagreeing with anyone on how good kinkladze was, how much talent the lad had, what I'm saying is silva is a better player than kinkladze was, I've them both, and I'm my humble opinion, silva is streets ahead of kinky

He may have been talented and occasionally put a performance in, but fantastic?

People remember the Oxford and Swindon games, not Port Vale and Huddersfield at home when he was a liability and ending up playing as much part as anyone else in the third tier drop.

People remember the Oxford and Swindon games, not Port Vale and Huddersfield at home when he was a liability and ending up playing as much part as anyone else in the third tier drop.

The Huddersfield game on a Friday night got beat 1 0 if I remember correctly ? He was the best player on the pitch

Port Vale your right he was shite but Royle had given him a load of shit when he turned up his days where numbered.( Willie Donachie told me this he also said Gio was a luxury player )

He didn't pick him again for 6 games after that and then decided with 2 games to go we needed him , so after 54 seconds of his comeback game he scored a 25 yard free kick and then organised a plane to get him back 4 the Stoke game

If Big Joe had picked him in the 6 games we would have stayed up

The Huddersfield game on a Friday night got beat 1 0 if I remember correctly ? He was the best player on the pitch

Port Vale your right he was shite but Royle had given him a load of shit when he turned up his days where numbered.( Willie Donachie told me this he also said Gio was a luxury player )

He didn't pick him again for 6 games after that and then decided with 2 games to go we needed him , so after 54 seconds of his comeback game he scored a 25 yard free kick and then organised a plane to get him back 4 the Stoke game

If Big Joe had picked him in the 6 games we would have stayed up

The free kick was an open net job v QPR taken quickly, Bishop was picked ahead of him on merit I as kinky was playing poorly. The free kick from 18 yards v Huddersfield was pathetic, about 30 miles an hour straight at the keeper, and the stand ou player that game was Andy Morrisson so we signed him when he fell out with them.

The free kick was an open net job v QPR taken quickly, Bishop was picked ahead of him on merit I as kinky was playing poorly. The free kick from 18 yards v Huddersfield was pathetic, about 30 miles an hour straight at the keeper, and the stand ou player that game was Andy Morrisson so we signed him when he fell out with them.

Open net job you say ?

That Huddersfield game did an ex blue get the winner live on Sky on a Friday night ?

When you claim the QPR goal was an open net job it shows the desperation of the argument and that your throwing muck and hoping anything will stick.

Definitely. I have never seen another player dominate a game of football like Kinkladze did against the likes of Newcastle, West Ham (second half), Oxford away etc. Probably fantastic is a disservice.

For all people have said about him and the struggles at the club a side like Ajax, who had competed in two of the previous 4 champs lge finals bought him based on those performances.

Oh I was around then mate, and some way before that, Ajax continually sold its star names, when the big guns, Milan clubs, barca, Madrid, etc etc came calling, look I'm not disagreeing with anyone on how good kinkladze was, how much talent the lad had, what I'm saying is silva is a better player than kinkladze was, I've them both, and I'm my humble opinion, silva is streets ahead of kinky

That is fair enough about Silva, I would still argue though about Ajax. They did sell players but were a massive club at thst time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.