Georgi Kinkladze

Ah, Maine Rd. You could stand in dog shit navigating the alleyways towards the stadium, safe in the knowledge you could wash it off in the pools of piss in the gents.

Loved Kinky.

The bogs at the back of the kippax were not connected to the sewars, just a big sink away! True story!

Mahrez of last season constantly reminded me of Kinky. Fearless and a joy to watch. Makes me think what he could of done if he applied himself in a better team than ours. Genuinely had all the talent in the world but loyalty and laziness stopped him becoming a footballing god.

It's such a shame there's such a limited amount of clips around of him. Would love to see a few 90 minute re-runs of games, that Newcastle game in particularm they hadd the best defence around at the time and Kinky single-handedly ripped them apart

that much of a genius he never played top flight football in a decent team. wouldn't get near the present team

you're sort of missing the point of "genius", yes he had his flaws as a player, but the definition of genius makes no reference to hard work, tracking back, application etc, that's for the less gifted of us

"1. exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability."

Goal v Southampton still the best I've ever seen

carried us downwards
We would have gone down regardless mate...Kinky was the only player at the time who was worth the admission money....we had a crap team crap managers and he was just playing with journeymen who wouldn't even get in the squad nowadays let alone the team.

A bright light,at a dark time
Just glad i got to see him play for us

Exactly stars do light up the darkest hours. Without him life as a Blue at that time would have been even worse. I will still remember some of his touches he made when I have long forgotten the undoubted efforts by made some of the players who have won a chestful of medals more recently.

People seem to forget (or never saw) some of the dismal players that surrounded him, let alone the turmoil of managers and chairmen that took us down, down, down in every way.

No application or desire to back up his undoubted level of skill, turned it on 1 in every half dozen games, and was a part of a relegated team.

How many big clubs came knocking for him?

Give it up will you, did he give your missus a good seeing too or something.

He was a joy to watch and was in the wrong team at that time.

Was recently in the company of Peter Beagrie and he was full of praise for the City side he was in with Kinky, reckons the best season he ever had and just a central defender short of being a good side but the chairman (Swales) would give the money for a defender. Was talking about the side and it was very good, TC, Curle,Kinky,Uwe,Nicky and Beags to name a few great times watching them happy memories now.

that much of a genius he never played top flight football in a decent team. wouldn't get near the present team

Ha ha you my friend know absolutely fuck all about football but don't worry you won't be on your own on this thread .

I know Silva played well against Hull away also

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.