Georgi Kinkladze

Most natural, skillful and football-intelligent player we've ever had IMO.

His weaknesses were just part of the package and part of the day. He was human. I loved him no matter what.

Who today is so unpredictable in the moment?

My constant hope is that we find someone with all the same attacking strengths. Especially when they could be coached by Pep.

If I could compare him to another player, it would be Tomas Brolin. Bags of talent but not enough of an all rounder to be truly great.

The Prestwich and Whitefield branch organised a trip over to Amsterdam to meet him .a weekend to remember lol

Most natural, skillful and football-intelligent player we've ever had IMO.

His weaknesses were just part of the package and part of the day. He was human. I loved him no matter what.

Who today is so unpredictable in the moment?

My constant hope is that we find someone with all the same attacking strengths. Especially when they could be coached by Pep.
Fair comment .

If Kinkladze had been the real deal a big club would have signed him.

This is a common lazy football fans point of view. I remember when United fans said Fletcher was better than Modric because he had more goals and had won more titles.

Either way when Ajax signed him I'm pretty sure they had won their league and won the champions league a few years before that, they were still pretty huge before Dutch football became naff

Kinkladze was a magician, he still tore up premier league defences when he got the opportunity. He was similar in a way to a Gazza or Ginola who didn't need pace to beat a man, they just used their skill. I think in todays nutrition and a good head coach he would have thrived. He wasn't the cause of City going down, you just had a load of shite at the time. For every Rosler and Kinkladze you have five Nicky Summerbee's and Creany's

Was recently in the company of Peter Beagrie and he was full of praise for the City side he was in with Kinky, reckons the best season he ever had and just a central defender short of being a good side but the chairman (Swales) would give the money for a defender. Was talking about the side and it was very good, TC, Curle,Kinky,Uwe,Nicky and Beags to name a few great times watching them happy memories now.

Beagrie only played a possible 7 times with Kinky when we were in prem and 2 times in 1st division
also Franny Lee was the chairman at the time not PJS

He may have been mistaken for the 94-95 season under Horton where city at times were fantastic and he was right were short of a class centre back and maybe an experienced midfielder as we had lomas and flitcroft and a over the hill mcmahon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.